DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tonight its Blue Coat dirty martinis. I think i may have to get a bottle of Citadel gin tomorrow and try it out. Anyone around here have any experience with Citadel martinis?

It's a bit too flowery (very heavy on the orris) for my taste but that's just me. Other than my obvious preference, my top three Martini gins include Voyager and Plymouth.

I like Citadel. It may be a bit flowery or something but I enjoy it from time to time and it's pretty decent for the price. I sip it over ice but it makes a good martini. I have some on hand most of the time.

My favorites right now are exactly the same as Joe's.

G'Vine makes a flowery gin. Can barely detect juniper and I like juniper. It's like spring time in a bottle. JMO's

I still need to get ahold of Voyager...my rotation is Leopold's and Jackelope, but Evan just bought a bottle of barrel-aged gin from Boulder that's pretty tasty (and smooth.)

Well a good Juniper presence is a must for me when it comes to Gin so i think i will write the Citadel off as a no go. Due to the lack of immediate availability of some wonderful gins here I think I will pick up a bottle of Plymouth when I go to restock my Hendrick's. Thanks guys.

Had The Sherman Cocktail. 2oz Hirsch Bourbon, 1oz Carpano Antica Formula sweet vermouth, 3 dashes Ridge Distillery absinthe, 1 dash each of The Bitter Truth Orange and Old Time Aromatic Bitters. Stirred with ice, strained into a chilled cocktail glass and garnished with a lemon twist.

Really enjoyed it!

http://yfrog.com/h2svcyshj

Hazelnut flavored coffee from Community.

Must be nice to be able to drink coffee this late and sleep well at night..

A big glass of verte. Our day was hectic and non-stop. It is time for some serious relaxation.
Still not relaxed. Dammit.

A big glass of blanche.

Those went way down too easy.

W2 x2

:cheerz: 2 U!

:drunk:

Silvertip and ginger ale. No simple syrup or lime juice where I'm staying tonight. That's all right, it's tasty enough as it is. :cheers:

The Abyss 2011 Reserve!

They tinkered a bit with the recipe this year, and it's even more incredible.

It's now 6% aged in Bourbon barrels, 11% aged in new oak barrels, and 11% in wine barrels.

Also, cherry bark and vanilla have been added along with the usual licorice and black strap molasses.

The result is a slightly more complex flavor that is also more tannic, a bit sharper, and almost smoky, which I think is a function of the addition of the cherry bark.

The body is as creamy as ever, and the dark bitter chocolate, as well as the coffee flavors, are really deep. My favorite aspect of this year's release, however, is that partial wine barrel resting which contributes a finish similar to Midnight Sun's Berserker, one of my all time favorites.

If you fans see a stash of this stuff, better grab it while the grabbin's good onacuz I sense a two case limit in place on outlets where it's available.

Edited by Absomphe