DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Dewars 18 Founder's Reserve. My first taste of this, and I like it. I've only ever had perhaps 4 glasses of any kind of scotch EVER, so I'm in no way qualified to comment on it, but it's the best of what I've tried so far. Blended scotch might be the gateway into single-malt...

First ever glass of Libertine 68 Amer. This is the first absinthe where I can clearly and definitely taste the grande absinthe. All in all its not super awesome but I would probably buy a bottle. It could be used on newbies as an extreme example of what grande absinthe tastes like in absinthe. It might help them identify the herb in other absinthes.

First ever glass of Libertine 68 Amer. This is the first absinthe where I can clearly and definitely taste the grande absinthe.

The Savauge that I am fortunate enough to be louching up as I write this post is giving me the same kinda feeling Babble. :cheers:

I've been taking a break from booze for a while, but tonight I shared a nice dose of Ridge Verte with my brother earlier, then a glass of Ridge blanche and Ridge verte again at the end. Thanks for the excellent product Team Ridge! :thumbup: :cheers: :wave2:

Another Firestone Walker Black Xantus Imperial Stout last night.

This time around, more of the bourbon and, particularly, the wine barrel aging showed through the added coffee, and the balance was definitely improved significantly. Really deep, rich flavors in this one, and very close to top tier.

Bless me for I have sinned.

It's been 2 weeks since my last glass of Absinthe. :devil:

Having a glass of Ridge to atone.

And for something completely different...

A toast to friends home safe.

:cheers:

Some unbranded sherry (may not actually be be from Jerez) from Californias central coast, while puffing on my Partagas. Celebrating my 11th day of marriage. :) Life is good.

Bless me for I have sinned.

It's been 2 weeks since my last glass of Absinthe. :devil:

Sounds like it's been two weeks since you've properly sinned.

And congrats, Gruene Fee!

x 4! :dev-cheers:

Come to think of it, it's been about an equally long hiatus for me.

This must be rectified, since (wo)man cannot live on beer alone.

Absinthe Sans Pantaloons.

Beautiful anise, fennel, and wormwood, but the standouts are the spiciness of the coriander, and the angelica, as might be expected of a fine Berger clone.

There is also that Rolls Royce leather thing, and, in fact, the more I drink this, the more it reminds me of a smoother, more integrated L'Ancienne.

Started out with a Cyser a friend made - masterfully done! Then had a little brandy, but just like always, I will be finishing off the evening (when I drink in the summer even though it is autumn now it still feels like summer for some reason, maybe it was because of that heatwave) with a couple of glasses of blanche. Kübler, followed by Ridge.

:cheers:

Started out with a Cyser a friend made - masterfully done!

I had a masterfully done cyser once. Probably not the same maker though.