DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Pacifique and jade Eddy. They are each in it's own glass, but they get along nicely. Maybe I was a bit harsh with the eddy, although it still ain't in the league of Pacifique, 1901, Sauvage, L'Artisanale when it comes to balance.

After each glass was half gone I mixed them. Nice result. :-)

I shouldn't get buzzed and watch the Psychadelic Pink episode of the Pink Panther. :)

Edited by Miguel

I think the Eddy is the nicest of the (Jade) bunch, but to each his own.

I made myself a pretty rockin' Manhattan. :yahoo:

Black Xantus Imperial Stout.

Aged for six months in bourbon, wine, and plain oak barrels, this stout shows ample evidence of this in the flavor, and there's plenty of roast coffee in there, as well as a touch of smoke.

The body is ample enough, although not particularly heavy, considering all the flavor in this one.

Quite good, but not in the top tier of Imperial Stouts.

Decided to crack open the Sauvage for my first taste after a less than stellar day. A thunderstorm is approaching and the moment felt right. The contemplation and sensation of this wild Pontarlier wormwood-combined with the thunder, lightning and rain has completely erased any damage that the world inflicted on me today.

Sauvage, I am your humble servant!!!

:worshippy:

Ridge, in preparation for my dinnertime assignment. Chicken strips in some sort of Thai-peanut-curry-chipotle-ism yet to be formally elucidated. We're gonna have a lot of pepper heat, and it'll go real nice with lime, whatever it ends up being. As for now, I am relaxing and preparing my mind--or at least posting it online... B)

Well, there was no Silvertip or Voyager Gin at the three stores in my area, but Mir found something she can make gin and tonics with, while I swill down multiple glasses of la Maison Fontaine and VC. Catchin' the red-eye to Geneva tomorrow, must party with my gal while I can.

Made my first online absinthe purchase in quite some time due to a increased cashflow from a promotion at work. In the mail this week arrived:

Serpis 65

Un Emile 45

La Grenouille

And an ABSINTHEXPLORE set consisting of Doubs Mystique, Libertine 68 Amer and what was supposed to be Roquette 1797 but instead was Verte De Fougerolles (which I'm sure will be corrected).

So right now I'm having my first glass of Un Emile 45. Very good! Way better than I expected. Gives me a nostalgic feeling of one of the first real absinthes I tried about 8 or 9 years ago: Un Emile Blanche. While drinking this glass I tried to recall what other French absinthes I had purchased to compare. Then I realized not much.... Lucid, Pernod, La Fee, a glass of Vieux Pontarlier and a small sample of Coquette. Most of the absinthe I have imbibed comes from Switzerland, America and Spain. I think I need to start trying some more French absinthes!

Sitting down to a glass or two of Myrcenary (tasty double IPA from Colorado),

I should be drinking some Meadow of Love right now, but I was so excited to go to work today that I forgot to leave a note on my door instructing the FedEx guy who to leave my precious booze with, so its back on the truck :(

Oh well, patience is a virtue and all that right :)

Made a couple pitchers of different cocktails last night at a friend's moving-in party at his new house. Also mixed up some still-obscenely-large-but-individual-sized cocktails in 16oz plastic beer cups. No way I was taking over my cocktail glasses for all that drinking.

Made a pretty decent cocktail out of dry vermouth, St. Germain, Absolut Wild Tea, and aromatic bitters.

Although I'm convinced vermouth makes most drinks better. :laugh:

:3869-sadbanana: I'm happy with the Martini & Rossi stuff. I do have a huge bottle of Cinzano I'd like to pawn off on someone... ;)

I don't think I've ever liked vermouth, and I'm certain it's because I've never had a good offering.

Agreed but I'm sick to death of the crappy vermouth available here.

Shitty vermouth = shitty drink. Meh.

I'm surprised you haven't tried making yer own, cuz ya got all that extra time on your hands. :twitchsmile:

Edited by baubel

I'm surprised you haven't tried making yer own, cuz ya got all that extra time on your hands. :twitchsmile:

If not extra time...time that's allotted to making alcohol anyway. :laugh: