DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The bitter and the sweet between the two of us, eh, Cap'n?

As it should be, my friend.

After all, it's all about The Balance™ :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

trying to decide between staying totally dry (no pun intended) as the hurricane approaches, of having a couple to relax. Heck, I won't be driving anywhere...

Gin pahit. Silvertip, Angostura, and a dash of Ridge Verte with a lemon twist. Very nice!

Then what's the question again? :pirate:

PREZACTLY! Go for it!!

On LeRoy's suggestion I went to Chicone's in Hudson. I hadn't been there before.

I found Mansinthe and Kübler and came home with one of each.

There was DUST on the Mansinthe, whereupon I inquired of the proprietor WTF???

He said since I expressed avid interest he'd ask his distributor to add more variety.

I promised to move move more of his stock, so we've started and meaningful relationship.

Sippin' away, what can i say? :cheers:

Well, just got my pre-hurricane chores done about midnight. Time for something tasty. A Mephisto, with a distinctly WS vibe (as if it doesn't have that already). Silvertip, Doiln (AiO's fave), Boisseire sweet (one of my faves, and it kept me from opening the Antica), Dubois sugar cane syrup, Bunnahabhain 12 Yr (to inject the Shabba factor), and equal parts Marteau AdlBE, and Pacifique. Oh, and a twist... for all you other sick twists out there. :cheers:

Well, I guess it's starting. Some thunder and lightning just now and increasing intensity of rainfall in on and off waves. Gonna finish this drink and get some sleep. According to the TV hype, it should be in full force between 6:00 and 9:00 am. I'll have to get up and go all "Lieutenant Dan" on it.

Yup. Lots to do before and after. But during I always sleep. Might as well have a drink when the storm start.

I began my preparations by choosing a lot that is well suited to deal with flooding and at least 25 miles from a significant body of water. The biggest threat is the surge, so Im safe from that.

I had a bottle of the New Belgium Kick. It was pretty nice...not too pumpkin flavored (I like spiced pumpkin beers but not fresh-from-the-pumpkin flavored ones) and slightly tart...not entirely sour.

Looking forward to trying the Clutch as well.

Enjoying an HG la bleue that finally opens up to seriously complex, and yet refreshing at about 7:1.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

This stuff actually reminds me of BDF only richer, more balanced, with no odd flavors.

Well, the complexity reminds me of BDF, anyway.

Mominettes of Ridge Verte, Pacifique, Besançon, and Absinthe Sans Pantaloons (Berger Clone) to celebrate the noticeable cooling trend. :thumbup:

Wife shared my Pacifique after the morons at my kid's school put her on the wrong bus. If you are going to have pre-K, at least know how to do it. We are putting on her backpack a big bright sign with her bus #, and the bus driver's name. The absinthe soothed The feathers a bit.