DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Batch 19 and a glass of Roquette.

I've tried & tried to be a Coors man since I was the appropriate age at which I could imbibe, but I had yet to find a brew they made that I could really enjoy.

Batch 19 pre-prohibition style lager is possibly the best thing to come out of Coors since the Sandlot opened up.

and the Roquette aint bad ;) Still it's one I actually like to sugar.

Absinthe Ordinaire.

I stopped having the good stuff shipped from across The Pond.

Too rich for my budget, so i settle for what's on the local shelves.

I really do not care for Lucid at all.

Hey, Swat! Good to see you back!

If you're still in Stillwater, there is another store close to you wit a few options. Have you tried chiconesliquor? The're right across the border and have Mansinthe and Kübler.

Arsenic & Old Lace

Oh hell yeah! I swear sometimes I feel like the only person who drinks those.

Calling it a night with some Leopold's batch 38 while cutting up fruit I'm allergic too. What could go wrong?

Hey, THANKS, LeRoy! I had never heard of Chicones.

They have Kübler and Mansinthe!

That means they will be having ME in there very soon also.

I need to explore the area more and quit working all the time.

Arsenic & Old Lace, with Plymouth gin. Slooowly making my way through this bottle of R&W creme de violette, need to finish it so I can try a bottle of the Tempus Fugit.

At the amounts of violette used in anything, each bottle looks like a lifetime supply to me (especially if I quit sending samples to people!). The R&W is probably a lifetime supply, because that's how much I like it. The TF is a significant step up from the R&W, but I thought they would have done better. In a former post, I described it as having a slight watermelon and "pixie stick" aroma, and I wish it were violet, instead of rosy pink. The E. Pernot is still my fave, by far. More assertive aromas and flavors, that don't get lost in the drink, and beautiful color.

E.Pernod's is still my favorite violette liqueur as well, and as far as I know the smallest bottle of the three mentioned above, which is kind of ironic.

Enjoying a very quiet glass of Ridge Verte on the patio, watching the sun set. I had thrown a slice of lemon, lime and some watermelon in, but the lemon and the lime were a bit overpowering so I fished them out.

Batch 19 pre-prohibition style lager is possibly the best thing to come out of Coors since the Sandlot opened up.

Been working with the AC Golden (the small brewery inside of Coors that's responsible for this stuff) with our used Bourbon barrels on some projects. The head brewer came in to get barrels a few months back, and I was distressed to find that I had gone to brewing school with his father.

Gettin' old....

E.Pernod's is still my favorite violette liqueur as well, and as far as I know the smallest bottle of the three mentioned above, which is kind of ironic.

All the better, I think. I'd much rather open a fresh bottle more often, especially with lower-proof, more easily degraded ingredients.

BTW, enjoying an Arsenic and Old Lace cocktail with some "Silver-something" gin (Silver Top, Silver Tipple... I dunno, some little guy from Montanna). Dolin, L'Italienne, and E. Pernod violette complete the picture. Killer taste. Awesome finished color.

Hot damn. I think I might have one of those tonight as well.

Edit. Silvertip, Ridge Blanche, Emile Pernod violette, swill vermouth. :thumbup:

Edited by baubel

Bait this, Babe-el. :reaper:

Actually, I really dig "Anejosomphe™"! (even if I prefer it without the pretentious tilde. :laugh: :thumbup:

Rodenbach Grand Cru today.

Even better than I remembered it, a great blend of sweet, sour and fruity. Truly elegant.

It's tough to justify two and a half times the price for RR's sours, after drinking this.

I still really miss the incomparable Rodenbach Alexander, though.

Edited by Absomphe

Arsenic & Old Lace

Oh hell yeah! I swear sometimes I feel like the only person who drinks those.

I tend to forget about the A&OL, and then you'll post that you're having one, and I'll think man, I gotta make one of those again. And then I'll forget again. I was just searching cocktaildb.com the other night for drinks with gin and absinthe and there it was!

baubel, fpb, thanks for the suggestions on the E. Pernot Violet. Any domestic source for it, or just order directly from the Pernot webstore?

It's ridiculously hot in Colorado today, so starting the evening with the Absinthe Suissesse that somebody (AiO I think?) posted the other evening. Oh boy, these are delicious and dangerous. While the blender is out, I guess I'll make another.

baubel, fpb, thanks for the suggestions on the E. Pernot Violet. Any domestic source for it, or just order directly from the Pernot webstore?

Not available in the States. Either E. Pernot, or LdF. Believe me, it's worth it.

I started the night with a nice dose of St George followed by Blanche Fest 2011... A couple glasses of La Maison Fontaine (to kill the bottle), some Kübler, and a couple of La Valotes.