DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I am working on a theory that each Leopold Verte batch is better than the last one.

As our business expands, we can afford to put more down into barrels for longer periods of time, so perhaps that's what you're noticing. Then again, perhaps not.

One thing that I can assure you is that the Pisco won't "fade" over time, and that all distillers would like to think that the last batch that they distilled was their best.

Appreciate the feedback, and happy 4th!

I made an Aviation with Silvertip, an Elderberry Liqueur proto and a Maraschino Cherry Liqueur some tart left behind. ;)

I think the elderberry needs to be just a little sweeter but beyond that, pretty frickin' tasty.

I really enjoyed what I tried. There was a bottle of #11, #21, #36, and I've previously tried #17 and another in the twenties. I can honestly say you're totally dialing it in. It gets better with every batch. I don't recall if I put up the picture on FB of the 36, but it's a good one. Thanks for sending it up, and thanks to Ambear and Tatan for being booze mules!

I remember nearly swearing off the verte after I tried #17 (I think), but I'm pretty glad I've given the recent batches a try. I'd be missing out on a very well assembled absinthe. I would love more wormwood, but honestly, who wouldn't? Damned TTB.

Anyhow, I just wanted to join the chorus. Love the liqueurs, and dig the absinthe.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but after having bought a few of the Leopold products at Total in Georgia last year, I was surprised to find none of them this year.

Oh yeah, what I'm drinking...

Joe already mentioned the tasty Aviations he made us, but I've been hitting the green stuff as well. Current glass filled with Ton Akveld's verte, and previous glasses included some Ridge green along with a few with no labels. Good stuff.

I had to go for a walk in the forest earlier to pick through boxes of absinthe still laying about from RMGH. If that was the worst problem one could have, I'd say the night has been pretty decent. Not terrible.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but after having bought a few of the Leopold products at Total in Georgia last year, I was surprised to find none of them this year.

Ah, well, we have a distributor who really enjoys ordering in small quantities.... which means lots of panicked orders every few weeks, and lots of stockouts. BTW, the Total on Peachtree?

Sorry, but there's not much I can do.

I'll be at Holeman and Finch around November to have a really fun release party for Fernet Leopold. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for the input.... as I said, we'd all like to think that we're getting better with each batch we make.

Oh, no worries. I was just worried they weren't carrying Leopold products anymore. Ordering and stocking is totally understandable. Some distributors order a case at a time! It just means we have to ask our favorite retailers to order the products we want. Otherwise they'll just keep stocking the shit stuff.

Kennesaw, btw.

Two glasses of Ridge Blanche. Taste and louche comparison. Fun times.

It was 36. Got it a week or so before the trip up there.

Ah, good to know for future reference. Thanks! :cheers:

I think the elderberry needs to be just a little sweeter but beyond that, pretty frickin' tasty.

I'll very politely disagree and say that it's just fine a little bit on the dry side. I enjoyed it quite a bit though, and a little sugar probably wouldn't ruin it. It was great to be able to try a little during RMGWeek. :wave2:

Camping with my little boys in the yard tonight. Tron is over and one boy is asleep. I just louched up a nice glass of Butterfly while my youngest takes a poop.

There it is. The core of my weekend. But it isn't bad.

G'night

Imperial Choklat Stout. WOW!

Southern Tier has made candy bars irrelevant.

Ain't it the truth!

Brooklyn Black Chocolate used to be my favorite chocolate Imperial until I tasted the Southern Tier, and realized that the former had only been a pretender. :laugh:

Started with Walton Waters (hey Cheryl ! Little Gates is all out of Meadow of Love) moved on to some Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Ale with some bbq'd turkey thighs and drum sticks and then a Calvados or Pommeau cut with some seltzer water.

VC with double the amount of everything, exept I used only one sugar cube. I actualy enjoy the taste more. Hmm.

Will use this to unwind as I watch the DVRed stage of the TdF.

How many ounces of absinthe do you need, before you can call it Asomphe size? The double size glass of VC was nice, but I'm thinking my half liter beer mug could make one powerful glass of absinthe.

I'm seriously considering retiring to the little Texas town that my favorite brewer calls home. I would be happy to be their greeter/janitor/gopher for a daily pint.

I'm still trying to sample everything that was offered during RMGH. I still haven't tried everything! :twitchsmile:

See, at least you were left with all the bottles. I'm sad I missed out on the La Grenouille, Marteau Classique, Blanche Traditionelle, and the Akveld.

Going to louche up some Marteau here in a moment to celebrate my unexpected day off that I'm most likely going to spend cleaning.

Grab your guy and come visit, again.

I'm playing with a new base for a limited run of Ridge Verte and I could use a couple of fresh taste-testers. :wave2:

I know what I'll be be drinking tonite. I just got a a tiny texed photo of my daughter holding a bottle of clear booze, and the barely visible label (10K photo) sure seems to read 'Ridge Distillery'. Hooray for the Flying Monkeys!!