DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Deluge! :wave2:

I'm having a glass of ridge verte before retiring.

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I've been thinking about doing that for the last six hours....

You've probably finished your glass by now though. :twitchsmile:

Greetings, all.

Started off with an Absomphomorphic pour of Un Emile 45 (whaat!!? it was the end of the bottle!) with about 4 or so oz. of water. Light, refreshing, and laarge.

Just louched a fat pour (oopsy) of Leopold's Batch 32 - yowz - this one's getting even better now that the bottle's gotten a bit of O2 in it.

Cheers. :cheerz:

I'm re-revisiting Mephisto after a couple Alexander Keith's IPA's...

Beer - It's what's for dinner...

(The absinthe's dessert)

a couple Alexander Keith's IPA's...

:laf:

Well, that's a tad unfair.

I guess they're better than Twelve Horse. :laugh:

Dogfish Hellhound tonight.

I like the lemony thing, but it might be a touch overdone.

Maybe I should have saved this one for a warmer evening.

Edited by Absomphe

Avery's Ellie's Brown Ale. Colorado beer for a hot Colorado evening.

Where the heck are you? It's 70 and thundery here.

Water with a dash of Creole Bitters for me...trying to recover from last weekend so I can make a day of it on Monday. :yahoo:

Edit: 400th post! *flex*

Edited by Ambear

Where the heck are you? It's 70 and thundery here.

I'm down on the Palmer Divide. Turns out it was just hot in the house (and still is), as it's been closed up all day. Ate dinner outside this evening, it was really pleasant. Now it's getting a little windy, and cooled off considerably.

Following up the brown ale with some Evan Williams Single Barrel with a little splash of cool water. I was thinking about some single malt but still too hot in the house, it just didn't seem like scotch was going to work.

well after having to deal with no power since about 2pm, along with 80,000 others around here after a transformer caught fire at an electrical substation, we finally got power back about 11:15pm. Here that is not a good thing when it is about 110 outside, luckily the house didn't get over 90, but the a/c is on and things are cooled down and going to have a glass of Obsello before bed.. :devil:

finishing the night with some Pacifique

I'm doing that here tonight. I'm glad they got the power back on for ya. :cheers:

Edited by baubel

:laugh: well that is the compromise you make when you live in the desert, I have 70 degree winters to make up for my 110-118 degree summers. I lived in Colorado for almost 20 years before moving to the Phoenix area, so can understand when 80 something feels hot.

Joe, after almost 20 years of Colorado winters, it is a nice change.

I do like snow, and if I was to move back to Colorado or a similar area, would go somewhere it stays white all winter vice like Denver or Colorado Springs where it is nice till it turns to slush after a day or two and just sucks.

Plus I was raised in the south, so Arizona hot actually feels nice after years in that humid swampy southern air.

Edited by DesertWolf

I'm probably going to finish off this bottle of Lucid tonight. I just hope my Pacifique arrives before I go into absinthe withdrawal. Maybe I'll stretch it out, and try to make it last. We'll see...

I'm probably going to finish off this bottle of Lucid tonight. I just hope my Pacifique arrives before I go into absinthe withdrawal. Maybe I'll stretch it out, and try to make it last. We'll see...

I also suffer from noabsinthephobia, but the Flying

Monkeys have kept me well stocked.

What's up, left coast? Alright, let's see...

So the homebrew club went to the Daily Pint tonight for 1st Friday...started with a Firestone Parabola (damnnnnn...didn't mean to), then moved on to an Allagash Victor (natch...) which had lovely grapey goodness, had numerous "splashes" of several of the hoppier beers...Dogfish 90 Minute, Great Divide 17th Anniv. Dbl IPA, Balllast Point Tongue Buckler Double Red Ale, Ranger IPA, and finally ended with a Midas Touch.

Now finishing off (?) with a 1:5 Perroquet....yeah...that's what I needed...beer only goes so far, right Abs?

<---Hates hot weather. :cheers:

<---Definitely ditto!

Although, I'm starting to hate cold almost as much.

Damned arthritis, and semi-reptilian body temperature.

It's tough to be older than dirt. :laugh: