DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My order came in from DUNY today so I have 3 bottles to taste from tonight, Pacifique, Obsello, Devoille "La Charlotte"....

Think I will work my way backwards.... :cheers:

I liked Desertwolf's suggestion, but settled on water and licorice spice tea instead. I might have a glass or two of absinthe this weekend.

A glass of Wormwood Blanche, thanks to a sample donated by a very kind member of this forum.

Wow. Kind of like getting smacked in the face repeatedly with a bunch of fresh wormwood stalks. Crisp, clean, and intensely herbal. None of the funk I sometimes encounter in blanches and very little bitterness despite the fact that the wormwood is very much the central player. The flavor is a little overwhelming--I tasted it all the way up to 5:1 and it lost little of its intensity. Not sure it would be a daily sipper for me, even if it was still a regular commercial offering, but I could see it being very enjoyable on an occasional basis.

Thanks again for the taste, M2! :cheers:

Yup, that stuff is/was all about the wormwood, and on occasion, nothing beats it.

More Vertical Jewbelation today.

Edited by Absomphe

A glass of Wormwood Blanche...

Wow. Kind of like getting smacked in the face repeatedly with a bunch of fresh wormwood stalks. Crisp, clean, and intensely herbal. None of the funk I sometimes encounter in blanches and very little bitterness despite the fact that the wormwood is very much the central player. The flavor is a little overwhelming--I tasted it all the way up to 5:1 and it lost little of its intensity. Not sure it would be a daily sipper for me, even if it was still a regular commercial offering, but I could see it being very enjoyable on an occasional basis.

Yeah, me too.

Good feel, this is bottled at 75% A-Biv. It needs at least 5:1.

Some excerpts from my first evaluation notes (5/30/11);

"Holy wormwood, Batman!"

"A/F doing their job to the extent allowed."

"Bitter, baby!"

"5:1 gets it there."

"Like going to WW school."

"Breathing after the finish is a real treat."

"wouldn't want it all the time, but..."

Tonight the last ounce of Obsello shall be consumed. So what's the verdict, are they still making this, or should those of us who enjoy it snap it up while we can?

I believe the verdict was that it is not currently being produced and was supposed to start being produced here in the U.S., but that hasn't happened yet for some reason. But I could be gravely mistaken, I hardly ptfa anymore, as Abs has poindted out.

So in the mean time l'chaim, and party like it's a few nights before RMGH.

I might have some that here in a little bit as well...

Edited by baubel

We had a Gin Gin Mule Workshop this afternoon in preparation for The Tasting tomorrow. Another bottle of gin bit the dust.

Ron just handed me my first Blackspur. This is an amazing cocktail! Wow! :cheers:

Had a glass of Lucid tonight... as it's still all I have... but I seem to love it more with each glass. I added more water tonight than I usually do. It definitely brought out nuances I hadn't noticed before. Or maybe I'm just getting better at discerning these things. I really can't wait to buy a different brand, and finally get the chance to compare it with something.

Well, here's to one more glass! :cheerz:

I had an experiment earlier, also while packing. It was far from good and barely drinkable. I think I'll name it "Not to be repeated".

Having some Pacifique now as a nightcap. That's damn fine absinthe. :cheers:

Ron just handed me my first Blackspur. This is an amazing cocktail!

It definitely didn't suck! :cheers:

I think we all need to stat being honest and change the title of this thread. I mean come on, who are we kidding, "what are you drinking TONIGHT?" Sun is still out from where im looking and the glass is in my hand. :cheers: Starting off with some L'Italienne and contemplating how nice it would be if this scent was bottled up as a perfume/cologne. It would blow Calvin Kliens collection out of the market IMO.

Going to have a glass of NO in a couple of minutes and I'll be having a glass of Ridge at 7pm Montana time. The rest of the evenings decisions will be left to impulse. :biggrin:

:cheers:

Had my first taste of Mephisto tonight; I have to admit to being a bit underwhelmed...I'm not sure if it's Montmartre Lite or a slightly more complex Mata Hari... :mellow:

As I never had Montmartre I had nothing aside from descriptions to compare the Mephisto to, and I am still up in the air about it.

As for tonight, if I had some Ridge I would drink a glass in honor of the RMGH, but sadly will have to make due with a glass of Obsello to start my evenings imbibing.

A toast to my friends at the RMGH :cheers:

Ron just handed me my first Blackspur. This is an amazing cocktail!

It definitely didn't suck! :cheers:

It wasn't terrible.