DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, that went down quick-like. Guess I was ready for it.

Moving on to a 1:5 Perroquet. Weirdest thing - first delicious sip flashed a memory of Blue Otter Pops for just a moment....!!!

Again I say - cheers. :cheers:

After spending the evening hacking my Android phone with the newest Cyanogen mod, and it put up a bit of a fight.... I am starting the evenings imbibing with a glass of Mephisto. think I have the ratio good now, still very cinnamon to me but quite nice.

I just bought a bottle of Pacifique from the Beverage Warehouse, and had my first glass just under an hour ago. Contemplating a second glass, but I should eat something solid first.

He'brew Vertical Jewbelation.

Creamy, syrupy body, almost no alcoholic heat, lots of Sazerac rye, chocolate, dark fruits, wood, tobacco, leather, smoke, vanilla, caramel, nuts, pepper, melon, and relatively light but noticeable hopping. Yummy! :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

I just bought a bottle of Pacifique from the Beverage Warehouse, and had my first glass just under an hour ago. Contemplating a second glass, but I should eat something solid first.

Thanks! Which BW by the way?

We finally got around to breaking open the A.O. Spare. Very yummy...then went for a jaunt around town in the sun. Now it's lots and lots of water for me...feeling like I got a bit too much sun. :dead:

Greetings, all - hope you're well.

Had to medicate for a big breakfast earlier, so started with a 1.5:4.12 Un Emile 45. Ahhh, relief.

Currently working through a 1:4 Batch 32 Leopold's - excellent green booze!

Alright - gotta go watch The Dancing GM Dr.

Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks! Which BW by the way?

I wasn't aware there was more than one Beverage Warehouse. This was the one in Culver City, near Marina Del Rey. They're a sneaky lot - I hadn't noticed the Pacifique there on my last major absinthe run, but it was there today. They said they'd been carrying it for a couple of months now.

I had a second glass of Pacifique, and then a glass of Vieux Pontarlier. I want one more glass of Pacifique before turning in, but I'm out of ice. I may have to use some chilled water in place of the ice drip. I'm really happy with my absinthe supply right now.

Greetings, all - hope you're well.

Had to medicate for a big breakfast earlier, so started with a 1.5:4.12 Un Emile 45. Ahhh, relief.

Currently working through a 1:4 Batch 32 Leopold's - excellent green booze!

Alright - gotta go watch The Dancing GM Dr.

Cheers! :cheers:

I envy you; I can't drink Leopold Brothers before going to sleep. For some inexplicable reason, when I have a glass of Leopold Brothers before bed, I always wake up at 4:30 a.m. and can't go back to sleep. This doesn't happen with other absinthes I drink. I leave the Leopold Bros. for mid-day drinking. It's so good...

Hmm, that's strange and not something I've experienced...I don't think...yeah - I'm really enjoying the Leopold's.

Anyway - Beverage Warehouse - there's only one - I've been buying great beer there for a really, really long time. Their absinthe selection was good last I checked (usually p/u Mansinthe and VP there), but like you, hadn't seen Pacifique. That's great news; I killed my first bottle a while ago and hadn't thought about ordering from DUNY, previously my only resource for it.

Well, the good american stuff is starting to become much more available at retail - nuthin' but awesome!

Speaking of good american stuff, the Cowbell Monkey was feeling left out, so I'm now drinking a murky brown 1:3.5 glass of Stinging Nettle booze. :cheerz:

Edited by Herbaceous Vic

went with a glass of Serpis instead.

:dribble:

Well, the good american stuff is starting to become much more available at retail - nuthin' but awesome!

I hate America's influence on Canada but in this case I hope the influence is strong.

BTW, I drank a Ford Cocktail:

1 oz Hayman's Old Tom

1 oz Folies Du Vigneron white vermouth

3 dash Benedictine

3 dash Regan's #6 orange bitters

which was amazing.

Then went to see a live concert (musique actuelle) in which I smuggled in some Clandestine. Surprisingly good with room temp water.

Now I'm home with a bourbon crusta. With all the work I've been working it's been a long time since I've been able to have a night like this. :)

Hmm, that's strange and not something I've experienced...I don't think...yeah - I'm really enjoying the Leopold's.

Anyway - Beverage Warehouse - there's only one - I've been buying great beer there for a really, really long time. Their absinthe selection was good last I checked (usually p/u Mansinthe and VP there), but like you, hadn't seen Pacifique. That's great news; I killed my first bottle a while ago and hadn't thought about ordering from DUNY, previously my only resource for it.

Speaking of good american stuff, the Cowbell Monkey was feeling left out, so I'm now drinking a murky brown 1:3.5 glass of Stinging Nettle booze. :cheerz:

Where are you getting the Leopold Brothers? I get it from the Wine House on Cotner. A

I asked the guy at the register at the Beverage Warehouse if I buy more absinthe than anyone else there, and he said it was neck and neck between me and someone else who always comes in and buys the Vieux Pontarlier. Is that you?

I'll let you in on a little secret, as long as you keep it a secret: the Cowbell Monkey can be had for about $65 from...

wait for it...wait for it...

Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica. At that price, it's less expensive than when I bought a bottle from the St. George Distillery. Even at the Beverage Warehouse it's a good $80.

I'm on the second full glass (and likely my last tonight) of Blanche Trad essai #5. Kerploinkamundo!! I'm typing a bit slower than normal, and smiling for some reason. :)

Enjoying my time down here in Myrtle Beach and louching the last of my Jade Eduoard. I've got two Brevans varieties still languishing in sample bottles...and they're dwindling...quickly. The masking tape is wearing off, too.

Anyone know where I can get decent absinthe in the North Myrtle Beach area?

What's up, y'all? Hope you're well.

Gettin' it started here with the 2nd 1/2 of a 750 of this really Terrible ale from Unibroue. :cheers:

Stardust - I found the Leopold's at a bevmo-type store near Torrance called Total Wine and More (Hawthorne near 182nd). I didn't know Wine House carried it; I tend to only go there as a last resort, as their beer selection leaves a bit to be desired. I never looked into what Absinthes they carried - good to know they have the Leopold's (though I'm willing to bet it's pricier than where I got it). I've also heard that Vendome carries it.

If I remember correctly, I got the St. George at K&L in Hollyweird - and it happened to be less expensive than many places I'd already seen it at - frugality can be a good thing, yes?

As to the buyer of much VP - it very well may be me. I'm a regular there, and Rick's certainly noticed me either asking about it (when it's out of stock) or buying it.

You into beer much? Our homebrew club meets in Culver City this Thursday - pm me for info if you wanna come by.

Never had Unibroue in any of its varieties. Is it really worth the time / money?a

Ummm....yeah, they are. I highly recommend La Fin Du Monde, Terrible, the annual Anniversary release, Quelque Chose, and the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale - brewed annually by Unibroue - delicious, and an absolute steal.

Edited by Herbaceous Vic