DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I'm gonna stop saying 'glass of Pacifique' because that is my nightly default setting now. So now I'll just post when I'm drinking something else.

a glarse of Ridge, one of an HG that started out vegetal and is aging a bit dryly from what I can observe, and a final serving of Pacifique to end the day's Absinthery. A beautiful day, I might add, spent in the yard with the doggies playing relentlessly, the sun shining gloriously, and lots of all-encompassing Happy. Now to the task of cooking a sumptuous repast for my beloved goodwyfe and drinking Guinness for the rest of the night if I am expected to function on any level. Adieu pour aujourd'hui, mon amis... :drunk:

Enjoying a small vessel of Marie Duffau Bas Armagnac Hors D'Age

WTF it all means eludes me but I enjoy it. :cheers:

Bill, as usual I am delighted that you are enjoying my favorite beverage!

Bas Armagnac is one of three areas where armagnac is made, the other two being Tenareze and Haut Armagnac. The Bas is considered the best of the three.

Hors D'Age means the brandy sat in oak a minimum of ten years, and parts of it likely much longer since all Hors D'Age is a blend of several brandies of different ages. Other age definitions: X.O. sits in oak at least six years, Napoleon five, and VSOP four.

Enjoy! :cheers:

Hors D'Age means the brandy sat in oak a minimum of ten years

They were somewhat older than that at the infamous Chateau Jade in Bangkok, but by most standards, they were still definitely Hors D'Underage. :laugh: :paperbag3:

Sorry, Bob, the place is such a mainstay of absinthe revivalist folklore, I just couldn't resist. :cheers:

Reading about brandy in Wikipedia, leads to all kinds of good nerdy reading. So Jade 1901 is a type of brandy? :) Luscious Oily Lesbians!

Sticking to the thread, I belive my Pacifique is calling me to stop working, and go home for a little green RnR.

Edited to re-rail thread.

Edited by Miguel

WhistlePig Sazerac.

Must stop drinking the good stuff.... can't.... I give up.

giving up is for quitters.

But it never tasted so good. I'm pretty sure I'll "quit" again tonight.

Hors D'Age means the brandy sat in oak a minimum of ten years

They were somewhat older than that at the infamous Chateau Jade in Bangkok, but by most standards, they were still definitely Hors D'Underage. :laugh: :paperbag3:

Sorry, Bob, the place is such a mainstay of absinthe revivalist folklore, I just couldn't resist. :cheers:

:laugh: Well played, sir! :cheers:

Last night I started with Firestone Walker Abacus. A really well-done bourbon barrel aged barleywine.

From there, I went to dinner and had fish tacos with carnitas nachs with a pitcher of Redhook ESB.

Next, we went to a different place for their cheese plate and I had a Manhattan made with Maker's Mark, and my friends had a Rusty Nail and a Martini made with Hendrick's gin. We also tried a sample of J Vineyards (Healdsburg, CA) pear liqueur ... SO tasty!

Then we went home and tried the Barbancourt 15 year old estate reserve rum next to the Mount Gay 1703 rum. The Barbancourt is very hot compared to the Mount Gay. We definitely preferred the Mount Gay, but the Mount Gay was also twice as expensive.

Afer that, we did Tuthilltown Hudson Single Malt Whiskey. Such a unique whiskey I think.

Then on to the Glendarroch 42 year old single malt scotch and we finished with Goose Island Nightstalker.

Woke up this morning to hand ground and french pressed Doi Chaang coffee .. amazing free trade and USDA certified coffee from Thailand. We have a feature article on it in the upcoming issue of Mutineer. To this, I added some out of this world bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. This syrup is so good ... grade A maple syrup aged in 18-20 year old bourbon barrels for several months.

With that, I had bacon drizzled with the bourbon aged maple syrup. If you haven't tried the syrup, I reccomend it: http://blisgourmet.com/home/products/pure-...syrup-cart.html

So yea, it was a good night and morning for some booze with the Mutineers!

A glass of Canadian Whisky. Not much work for me this week so at $1.78 a glass it's the only thing that tastes great right now.

Tenneyson gin-sinthe. Quite a suprise as I am typically a traditionalist with respect to the muse. Nice Pontarlier wormwood w/ juniper and anise. This flavor combo makes sense and could get me in trouble if I'm not careful tonight!

Sipping a label free blanche. Maybe one more sip to make sure it isn't drain cleaner. ;)

Label free = moved from a bigger bottle to a smaller one and no indication of it's lineage. A mistake I often make. I keep giving myself things to remember and sometimes my memory fails. D'oh!

Sipping a label free blanche. Maybe one more sip to make sure it isn't drain cleaner.

Label free = moved from a bigger bottle to a smaller one and no indication of it's lineage. A mistake I often make. I keep giving myself things to remember and sometimes my memory fails. D'oh!

My memory fails me too. But when it comes to things like that, for some reason, it is always impeccable. :g:

I have moved on to a Martini, one dash of Regan's and one dash of Fee's orange. It's easy to make cheap booze sparkle. :holiday:

Edited by Babble