DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well it was last night and it was fantastic!

Obituary Cocktail

2 oz Beefeater gin

1/4 oz Dolin dry vermouth

1/4 oz Pacifique absinthe

The recipe I had said to put those three ingredients in a mixing glass in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then stir with big ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. No garnish. It was fantastic. So fresh. I think the freezer part could be dispensed with...I will try and see.

That's one of my favorite cocktails, although I haven't had it with those brands. It would probably be faster to just throw some ice in there and stir until you get about 20% ice melt. That's how I usually try to do it.

Edited by baubel

Never whipped one up, but that may be in the cards for tonight now.

What did Larsy drink last night? God- too much. Thank you, best friend and roommate for suggesting shots... /grumble.

At this moment, I am absolutely loving the wee bit of Zacapa 23 I have in my glass. The colour is SO interesting, a beautiful mahogany. This is definitely one of the more complex cane spirits I have ever indulged in; the aroma is teasing me with dried fruit, and there is a delightful aged oak that sits on the back of the tongue. The finish just goes on and on. While this rum is extremely smooth, it is not shy about demanding attention.

I hope everyone's drinks are as delicious as mine today! :cheers:

Can't go wrong with Centenario. I like the 15yo version to mix with PromisedLand eggnog for the holidays, just add a touch of cinamon. For making cuba libres, their firewater cousin, Venado, is quite good and better than some rums IMHO. I could be biased, being of eastern Guatemalan decent myself.

One of our Favorite Watering Holes has added The Montana Riki to its drink menu. It's a Gin Riki highlighting Silvertip. Nice. We stopped by this afternoon to try the Riki and a Silvertip Martini. Since North Bay also carries our verte, what can I say, we're fans!

Back home and one last glass of the baby Sazerac. It's a lovely little rye. :cheers:

Had a glass of Grenouille and ended with a glass of Serpis shared with my sweetie :heart: .

Did you ever get that Slurpee? :)

Picked up a bottle of the new Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey from the store after I found no new absinthes worth trying. Sampling it over ice right now and I have to say it is very pleasant. We will see where the experimenting goes with this.

I am kid free for the weekend, so getting ready to grill a steak and having a glass of 2010 North Coast Brewery Old Stock, and I have a bottle of 2008 in the fridge chillin for later :)

I will raise my pontalier later tonight, I still have good beer to drink... as a matter of fact, I think it is time for the 2008 Old Stock to hit the glass.....

it is in the glass... when I bought my house back in 2008 I bought a 4 pack of Old Stock 2008, had 2 the first night I slept in my new house, and had one on the anniversary of the new house, and tonight, even though a little late, I have the last of that 4 pack :) :cheers:

well a bottle of 2010 and 2008 Old Stock down, think it is time to move on to some absinthe, lets start out with some Kübler.....and yes Miguel in a pontalier glass :cheers:

Sazerac with Ridge Verte (had 3 glasses with water last night - excellent!)

Thank you! What other ingredients did you use in the Sazerac? I'm always curious about pairings.

Pacifique with sugar...FAR too dangerous.

Try Pacifique while rafting your favorite river. Simply sublime.

Speaking of dangerous. I'm enjoying Hennessy Privilege. :cheers: