DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Not everyone comes when called ya know.
Just set out dinner. Danny would never miss a meal.

Tasting a very young Ridge Verte that appeared with a surprising Wormwood wallop. Maybe I should check those grams-to-ounces calculations. :g: Pretty frickin' tasty, though.

This one may exist with a real name and all, but here's what I put in my cocktail glass: half ounce Plymouth gin, half ounce blue curacao, one ounce juice squeezed from half an orange. Stirred quickly with some ice, then poured into chilled glass. The transluscent green just looked stunning, and the taste was super refreshing. :cheers:

Tonight I sampled a couple different vertes and a decent gin.

They all had their pro's and con's as does everything BUT In my inebriated opinion, the pro's out weighed the con's. (buy a long way)

The con's being that there wasn't enough to share with many folk. If I can find more, I'll make sure some makes it to the Ridge by June. Of course I may get thirsty before then. :laugh:

Like, cheers! all.

Last night was the first sipping of the left-overs from bottling the Solstice spiced mead :) Not too shabby!

Never gone Absomphe, just covered under all that life throws at us ;) Main water pipe blowing, kitchen kicking it, blocked sewers.. I'll stop there

Good to be reading through the topics again, but WAYYY behind on all things

Sierra Nevada / Dogfish Head Life & Limb. My first and only bottle. Rich, sweet malt, syrupy. I'll enjoy this one, but I'm not feeling any regret that I didn't buy more.

Elijah Craig 12 Year Bourbon. I was a little disappointed with the last new (to me) bourbon I'd tried (which was Bulleit), but this one is very nice.

Good to be reading through the topics again, but WAYYY behind on all things

It's more WAY good to see your posts, again. I need more mead encouragement.

A nice glass of verte to start this Friday. :cheers:

Just sampling some oldish booze I had laying around. Interesting how time has a way of making me rewrite or updating my notes. Not a bad game I just hope I know when to say when. ;)

Precious is out of town and I'm unsupervised. Kinda strange around here and eerily quiet. Cheers!

Elijah Craig 12 Year Bourbon.

Jay, if you have the ingredients around, consider a Martha cocktail. I had one the other night with my new bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel (another Heaven Hill bourbon), and loved it. Nice to hear a positive for the Elijah Craig, I was thinking I might try that next :cheers:

I think it's bourbon time.

It was down to that or knob creek when I purchased my first bottle of bourbon a few weeks ago. Knob creek one that round, but only because it was on sale at the time.

That is an interesting looking cocktail, if I had the other half of the ingredients I'd give it a try.

Kinda strange around here and eerily quiet. Cheers!

You could call someone. Spanked!