DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I've never loved anything of theirs before but I've never hated any of it this much.

2011 Full Sail Black Gold Imperial Stout.

Rich chocolate and bourbon aroma, emanating from a pitch black velvety body. The flavor grew more complex with each sip, slowly revealing layers of bourbon, vanilla, oak, marzipan, allspice, figs, dates, and rum raisin. Very sweet, and yet never cloying thanks to a somewhat gingery-like dryish finish that compels the drinker to savor another hard taste of this nectar.

This year's vintage is a blend of Full Sail's regular Imperial Stout aged in Schenley 18 and 20 year bourbon barrels.

It's very comparable to the 2009 release, except it's jumped from 10.5% to 11.4%, and there's been a commensurate deepening of the flavors without the addition of excessive alcohol burn. I'm enjoying this one nearly on a par with this years's Abyss, which really says a lot.. :thumbup:

This year's Abyss is wonderful .... I'm still holding onto a couple of bottles. :heart:

As for Sam Adams, I will never buy their products, and it has nothing to do with quality. :angry2:

Im at my girlfriends so I have no other choice but Canadian Club on the rocks. I like to keep the good stuff at my place.

For you, I really got into those when the weather got cold. :twitchsmile: I was thinking about having one after my glass of absinthe. I did buy some silly straws last night, and it's about time I got silly.

Edited by baubel

Old-Fashioned with Bulleit Bourbon. This is the closest thing we can to a straight rye here in Quebec. Well there's, High West Rendezvous but at $83, no way.

Where do you find all of these different brews?

No place special, just local markets.

Then again, I guess you don't find too many of those in the middle of the sea. :pirate: :cheers:

An early glass of the Black Gold.

Despite the very heavy bourbon flavor, when it combines with the roast, it really reminds me more of Calvados.

If George Gale & Co. made a Prize Old Ale Dark, it would probably taste a lot like this.

A spur-of-the-moment V-Day DITA with a mix of 1/2 oz. Meadow of Love and 1/2 oz. Creme Yvette. Topped it with brut champagne and threw a few raspberries in.

EDIT: Damn, that's not bad. Not bad at all!

Edited by AiO