DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Here in the heart of winter, we like our blueberry tea, which we're enjoying right now. On a side note, we recommend Amaretto di Saronna. It's true that Amaretto di Amore costs half as much, and you might think that in a drink like this it might not be too noticeable, but you'd be wrong.

Where the hell did you get the Violette? And please don`t tell me you went to the States to get it or somebody brought it back for you.

Sorry man, I'm afraid it's the latter. Although, a few months back, the bottle broke and I could only save about five ounces of it, so the Aviation is a cocktail I now rarely make.

Edited by Heavy Harpoon

Eichelberger 68, from their old-school bottle shape, which I prefer to their (perhaps) more refined, but more generic bottle shape. I know, I know, it's what's inside which is more important, but still...

Belle Amie 2. I really liked this tonight, it had a very pronounced perfume note, perhaps baby powder-y. Funny, BA usually comes across as musty to me, and tonight not at all. Are we all ready for a BA 3rd edition now?

Starting with a glass of St George, going to have to place an order from DUNY this weekend I think ....

Edited by DesertWolf

...On a side note, we recommend Amaretto di Saronna. It's true that Amaretto di Amore costs half as much, and you might think that in a drink like this it might not be too noticeable, but you'd be wrong.

You know, it's funny how we all get so crazy about faux or inferior absinthe around here, and then we recommend the equivalent of Grand Absente in another category. To my knowledge, Amaretto Disaronno is a totally artificial product, consisting of neutral grain spirits with artificial colors and flavors added. See this. My understanding is that the reason the word "Amaretto" was removed from it's title is because it contains not one iota of almonds, the defining ingredient in true Amaretto. It sort of resembles absinthe with no A.a..

If you want a revelation, try this, or any of the other authentic products. And, Hot Damn!, it doesn't cost any more than Disaronno!

One Orval, a few pours of Edelster Aventinus, a few Bernheim cocktails, and now a Twisted Thistle. I needed this tonight! :cheers:

It has been a while. Been a little busy building my new computer rig but now im pretty much done and equilibrating with some Vendome v.s.o.p brandy. This stuff is good, cheap, and delicious. Has a little glennmorangie scotch about it. :cheers:

Enjoying a cup of coffee from my RMGH mug... :heart:

Since I have no plans for the entire day, and having a well restocked selection, (thank you DUNY)

I"m going to spend the day blissfully loving all that the spirit in green has to offer. :biggrin:

:cheers:

Just bought some Samuel Adams Imperial White Ale. Had two sips and poured the glass down the sink. Gave the other three bottles to someone to use in cooking.

Just bought some Samuel Adams Imperial White Ale. Had two sips and poured the glass down the sink. Gave the other three bottles to someone to use in cooking.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that run as well. Sam Adams really hasn't ever put out anything that I've thoroughly enjoyed.