DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Ommegang Three Philosophers, discovered in the beer fridge the other evening when I was digging around looking for a Duchesse de Bourgogne. Vintage 2008, guess it had been pushed to the back a while ago. Guess I better rotate the stock occasionally.

Nice beer, BK - and with a little age on it! :cheers:

So first there was the 5:1 Oak-Aged Perroquet - awesome.

Then the 4:1 Pacifique - that bottle's darn near empty.

Now I'm enjoying the funky sounds of a 4.5:1 St. George - yeeeeoww. :drunk:

:shock:

I hear that stuff'll make you tripbalz™, then drive you crazy, make you lop off your ear, and eventually kill you, after you've gone on a kill you.

Hey, where can I score some of that poison?! :laugh:

Perry.

:shock:

I hear that stuff'll make you tripbalz™, then drive you crazy, make you lop off your ear, and eventually kill you, after you've gone on a kill you.

Hey, where can I score some of that poison?! :laugh:

Czechland. :pirate:

Had a Martini with a dash of grapefruit bitters and a lemon zest stuffed olive earlier. I'm having an Aviation now. How's everybody doing? :wave2:

Fine thanks, good to see you again! :cheers:

Where the hell did you get the Violette? And please don`t tell me you went to the States to get it or somebody brought it back for you.

BTW, I`m very much enjoying a Plain Hollands Gin Cocktail with Wormwood bitters! Bam! I think I just found a wonderful spirit for these wormwood bitters.

Edited by Babble

Martini. Ahhhhhhhh.

So I almost went for a martini as well, as I got a good lesson the other day. Then I remembered that AiO gave me an Aviation suggestion a couple of weeks ago, and I had a lemon, so ...

I shook up an Aviation per AiO's instructions: 2 oz gin (Silvertip!), 1/2 oz lemon juice, and 1/4 oz. each Luxardo Maraschino, R&W Violette, and 1:1 simple syrup. First taste, and it was the same old problem, the lemon juice was burying everything else except for a bit of the mineral character of the R&W.

Then, as it warmed up, hey! The sweetness started to balance the lemon, the gin was coming through, and it was working. It was very good, for sure the best Aviation I've made so far.

So I think I finally know how to make, and drink, an Aviation. Next time I'll shake it good, just like this time, to get a good dilution. Then I'll pour it, and let it rest a bit before I start drinking. Thanks AiO!

And it gave me a bit of confidence that I can learn this martini thing as well :cheers:

I struggle making cocktails. <shrug>

My penguin shaker and I battle it out from time to time. What I have learned is that I appreciate most cocktails as they get closer to room temp. The dilution is a fun thing to play with also.

Shake that shaker like you're mad at it. :cheers:

Thanks AiO!

Brother, it was the least I could do! :cheers:

EDIT: By the way, you could go as high as 1/2 oz. with the simple syrup. Might make the cocktail more enjoyable for you from the first sip. I just like my Aviations a little on the tart side.

Edited by AiO

He's always eating those things. And usually on the drinking thread.

I'm trying some Sipek tea. It says it's 75% rose hip 25% hibiscus. It's a little red.

Edited by baubel

Greetings, all.

A 1:5 Marteau (mighta shoulda been a 1:4.5?).

Now a 1.5:4 BDJ - why did I stay away so long, BDJ?

and yeah - i'm going back to the reverse-ratio action...

Abs, great ale - but Rasputin's MY nickname...

Ms. HM - I like your style!