DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The whole beer decision thing was stressing me out too much, so I went for a Plymouth martini. I still don't make a good martini, but I did enjoy this one a bit, so maybe I'm getting better. Probably just need more practice.

Christ on crutches, what HAVEN'T I had tonight? I started with a Meadow of Love, and then followed it with a measure of Appleton Reserve rum, which then led to a Russian Sailor's Crucifix (don't bother looking it up - you won't find it) and then finally to this crappy gin & "tonic" (have you ever run out of tonic water and tried to fudge it with some soda water and assorted additives? If you haven't, then my advice to you is DON'T).

My girl has followed suit, but with a Duplais blanche to start (instead of MoL) and skipping out on the fake G&T. All told though, it's been a brilliant Thirsty Thursday! :cheers:

A glass of absinthe before dinner.

A glass of cognac after dinner.

A bit of 18 year old Sazerac to put me to bed.

A very pleasant evening to all. :cheers:

I've been exploring Imperial and Double IPA's the last couple of months.

Tonight it's Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA. Not the top of the heap, but it's tasty enough.

Leopold Maryland Style Rye. This just rocks my little rye world. :cheers:

It's a beaut, isn't it? It has a woodiness that complements the spicy-sourness of the rye wonderfully. Wish the first run had been bigger!

Edited by AiO

Are you guys getting a little flowery note (maybe violet) in the nose? When we visited the distillery a while back and sampled the white dog I think Todd mentioned it, but at the time I wasn't picking it up at all. The other night I was sampling a little bit neat in a snifter, and it was there. Either that, or power of suggestion got me again. My bottle is from barrel #2 if that matters ;) I agree, nice whiskey!

The last couple of drafts of Southern Tier's Imperial Oatmeal Stout (just shy of 11%) sad to see this one go.

Easily my favorite Imperial Oatmeal Stout. :cheers:

I have a bottle waiting in the fridge ... looking forward to it!

But today's plan is to work on the growler of Left Hand's barrel-aged Wake Up Dead imperial stout that I picked up last night.

Off the wagon for an evening. A gin and tonic, two different vertes, and some Cognac to help digest the meat and potatoes.

Tomorrow, back on the wagon.......it's a self imposed thing actually. It's good to have goals.

:cheers: and good night. :heart:

A gin and tonic, two different vertes, and some Cognac to help digest the meat and potatoes.

All sounds excellent.

I had Monster, Arizona green tea, and Coca-Cola to wash down some hot wings, pizza and jalapeño poppers. Meh. Pretty serious assault on my insides.