DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.

Beautifully refractive golden color, big mousse-like head, very fruity/spicy aroma, medium, spritzy carbonation.

Starts out fruity with pear that slides into a grapefruit hoppiness, and then moves into orange peel which is followed quickly by bubblegum and a clove-like spicy finish. There is also a nice touch of Brett barnyard funk.

All in all, a lovely saison style ale. I could see drinking a lot of this in the summer. :thumbup:

I just got home from our fire department New Year party. A nice dinner was followed by several gin and tonic's. :cheers:

The weight on my tiny brain became too much so Jules and I tossed a few clothes in the back of Ridgemobile and took off for a weekend in Missoula. We stopped by Big Sky Brewing Company's sample room, tasted their new Belgium Brown (7.8% of smooth yumminess), grabbed a bottle of their Saison All Souls Ale and two growlers of my personal favorite, Slow Elk Oatmeal Stout. The final high point to the visit was when the young lady behind the bar asked to see Jules' ID. She has been smiling for 4 hours nonstop. :laugh:

I'll see your...

Old-Fashioned with canadian whisky.

...and raise you a Bacon-Infused Old-Fashioned. Bacon fat washed Buffalo Trace bourbon, maple syrup, Angostura bitters, and an orange twist. Silky, rich, smokey, bacon-y goodness! :twitchsmile:

I might hit one of those later tonight. The fatty silkiness will help break the sourness of this Pinotlambicus from The Breuery. Nice tart nose, lemony lactic tartness with plenty of Malt, dry white wine and wood flavors. The carbonation is a little weak, but the mouthfeel is full and creamy. Great stuff.

I had a nice dinner this evening (cassoulet) and some fine absinthe with good friends. Perfect! :cheers:

A little taste of genepi sounds good before I retire for the night!

Edited by LeRoy M.