DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

It is only the second one I've had, but it was just as astounding as I remember the first being.

The effervescence is fabulous (especially for a stout) and the hidden alcohol is a nice little surprise. I'm buying Brawley's out next time I'm in Charlotte!

Finally opened my 1¼ year old Jade Suisesse yesterday evening on a whim. I missed cracking it over the Xmas holidays, and somehow I knew it wasn’t going to survive another year, regardless of having sat in the refrigerator since I got it. There were some fine sediment on the bottom, but after I shook the bottle, they remained suspended.

My initial reaction is how much it reminded me of Kallnacher Red, most likely because of the gentiane. That impression lingered with me throughout, altho I started to distinguish some “noggish” character after a fashion. Actually it wasn’t all that bad, probably because of my Red preconditioning.

What is the name of that stout in the picture? I am surrounded by Spec's liqour stores, and I need to see if they carry it.

:drunk:

A few Starobrno piva with dinner to celebrate my wee one's graduation from pre-school today. A little lonely these past weeks, it just being me and him here at home. But I'll be bringing the wife and elder son home from the spa this weekend. :)

I have a question for those who know...

I'm going to put in an order at FSC for their 3 bottle Duplais special, but I might want to throw something else in there as well. I'm not going to go for Segarra, the price is too high, and I've already got a bottle of Kübler sitting here. I'm one of the few who quite likes the Lemercier Amer, so I'm thinking of adding a bottle of that, but am also considering Un Emile, which I've never had. Putting those two brands side by side, how do they compare? I know that neither are top shelf by any means, but I'm just looking for the best way to flesh out that order a bit, choosing from what is available and not over-the-top expensive. Somehow I'm betting that the Un Emile is the better absinthe of the two...Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? Thanks.

My initial reaction is how much it reminded me of Kallnacher Red, most likely because of the gentiane.

Gentiane? In the Suissesse? Naaaaah.

I'm in Berlin right now, so I'm probably going for a Weiße mit Schuß.

I also plan on visiting the local absinthe shop. I passed by the window, while it was closed, and their selection seems to have improved since the last time I was here.

I have a question for those who know... 

... the Lemercier Amer, ... but am also considering Un Emile, 

I was smitten with my first glass of Un Emile 68 but by bottle's end, I was questioning why I thought so highly of it (it was one of my first good absinthes). A second bottle has been placed on the shelf dedicated to newbies. I would drink the Lasala sitting next to it before I would pour a glass of Un Emile.

IMHO, go with the Amer. I think it has a much better flavor and mouth feel and unlike the Un Emile, it louches. :cheers:

Dude, your new asymmetric avatar scares the :poop: out of me. I need a drink... 

Yes, you do need a drink but it's not because of the avatar. I like it. It's human in a benevolent I-will-kill-your-enemies kind of way. :cheers:

Youngs Double Choc. Stout

North Coast Old Rasputin

Newcastle

Stomp, I've had both versions of UE and just like T73 said, I quite liked it at first since it was my first order alongside VdF, but now dislike it. Though I will not sink it, I will never buy it again. I have never tried Lemercier, so I cannot compare.

Stomp: If you are considering the Lemercier's I'd go for the regular 72, not the Amer. However, there are far better alternatives.

Add to that my first glass of arak! :cheers:

I found about half a dozen brands yesterday at Specks, and they had Ksarak, but not Razzouk. I recognized the name, so I got it. I have to say, I am pretty impressed. It's no absinthe, but man! It'll do nicely.

Stomp: If you are considering the Lemercier's I'd go for the regular 72, not the Amer. However, there are far better alternatives.

I know, but from what FSC has on offer I'm just trying to round out the order to 4 bottles. I'd go with Segarra if it wasn't so damned expensive. I don't think they offer the regular 72. So for the lower priced bottles it looks like it'll have to be between the Un Emile 68 and the Lemercier Amer.

The Un Emile was the first Absinthe I felt was already sweet.

Lemercier Amer 72 was more honest.

I would buy the Lemercier.

Or flip a coin.

Buy one now and the other with the next order.

:cheers:

One of the women at work says the Panama hat makes me look like a Colombian drug lord and my name should be Carlos.

You first need to get some more sun..oh wait, you live in Warshington. Nevermind.

It has been a very long week at work. No one died. I am surprised. Tonight we celebrated family birthdays. I had a couple of glasses of this very yummy Pinot Noir. It reminded me of Lancers. :devil: Then a couple of Moosehead. Now a lovely tequila. Happy first full day of summer! :cheers:

Purple Haze (yeah I know, but it was a hot, humid, Mo-Fo in Cola-town yesterday)

Blanche De Chambly

Duchesse De Bourgogne

Rogue Hazlenut (Yummo)

Rogue HoppyFrog (oooof)

Elf, How was the Old Rasputin?

It's nice. Heavy body though.

Did you score the De Dolle?

That doesn't necessarily mean it's any good though...

Visited the shop today. They had all of the Jades (including the Blanchette), Duplais Verte & Blanche, Montmartre, Kübler and CLB, and a fresh supply of La Valote was expected to arrive on tuesday.

No dice on the De Dulle, and we're back in town, back home. We loaded up on the London Porter, and on the Young's Double Chocolate. Maybe next time we're there we can get one of the Fuller's kegs from Speck's. That'd be Sweet! :cheers: