DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

All the "need to do's" are checked off and now it's time to drink. :biggrin:

Think I'll line up all the absinthe bottles on the counter and randomly grab one.

Then of course, repeat as needed. :devil:

The Abyss from a bottle. I think I like this one. :cheers:

Enjoy! Many people are calling the 2010 the best year for The Abyss yet and I've even heard a handful say this is the best bottled beer they've ever had, period!

Now, let's just hope this year doesn't sour from an infection like 2009 unfortunately did! I still have a couple hundred dollars worth of 2009 that didn't fare so well :thumbdown:

:pirate:

Enjoy! Many people are calling the 2010 the best year for The Abyss yet and I've even heard a handful say this is the best bottled beer they've ever had, period!

Definitely... and quite possibly.

I stumbled across the Abyss a while back, first time I had ever seen it, so I grabbed a bottle after reading all of the good word on it here. It's been resting quietly in my beer fridge for a while. I just checked on it, it's a 2009. Oh well, at least it's only a couple of dollars worth. Guess I'll keep my eyes open for the 2010.

Nice! 2009 sadly had some issues of infection. They weren't completely widespread, but a lot of bottles were infected. Deschutes determined it to be a few of their barrels that were bad and when they blended the beer, it made the problem on a larger scale ... but it left the brewery great, but developed over the next 6 or so months. They range from drinking great to slight notes of tart cherry to what some people call undrinkable, a sour mess, and a drain pour. So for that 2009 that you have, I'd recommend keeping it in the fridge till you're ready to drink it and drink it sooner than later! :)

I picked up six bottles of the 2009 about four months ago, and they were all marvelous, although not quite as incredible as the 2010.

I still have yet to break into my cache of the 2010, but I might do so this weekend after all of the driving.

I still have yet to break into my cache of the 2010, but I might do so this weekend during all of the driving.