DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I had one of my home brewed gruit ales with supper, I'm currently out of Absinthe so I'm sipping some Majellan gin on the rocks. I just am having a bit of culture shock adjusting to South Dakota. Today I saw lucid for sale at the local Lynn's Dakotamart grocery here in Lead SD (ya a small town of about 3000). Coming from ND it takes awhile to get used to being able to buy fireworks and booze at the stop n shop, don't get me wrong I like it. Just couldnt see buying lucid, mabe I can convince them to stock something better.

Cheers,

Jim

And Hed called me a tease.

Sipping an Arsenic and Old Lace. I thought about having an Obituary, but since I came close enough to having a real one earlier this afternoon I thought I'd better not be too cocky. ;)

Edited by baubel

And Hed called me a tease.

I thought about having an Obituary, but since I came close enough to having a real one earlier this afternoon I thought I'd better not be too cocky. ;)

I think she is right. You are a tease. Glad you are okay.

Addendum: Lips of Faith Sahti (Ale brewed with spices). Meh.

Yeah, I heard that one wasn't very good.

Now there's even a Lips of Faith brewed with Endive...double meh.

The only one I really like is Eric's sour.

Nah, you also like the Eric's Sour that's been finished in a Leopold Bros. Apple Whiskey barrel.

Oh, look, I finally have a bottle of that sitting right here. Send me a PM.

Happy Holidays everyone!

wow, sounds incredible. I've heard of a few different New Belgium beers, like LOVE (I think it was?) and Twisted Spoke's 15th Anniversary beers that were aged in apple whiskey barrels .. yours, I'd assume? People are going NUTS over that Twisted Spoke Anniversary beer made by New Belgium!

We're doing an article on sustainability and we're actually sending our photographer to New Belgium later this month. Too bad I don't get to go.

I've been up in WA for the last 2 weeks, haven't been on here much and just catching up finally. Haven't been very excited to drink after the 4 bottles of Cava I downed on New Years Eve, followed by the Cascade Brewing Apricot Ale.

Had a Boulevard Brewing 21st Anniversary Fresh Hop Ale tonight with my pork chop dinner .. now time to find something else to drink!

Best to you all in 2011!

edit: just read on beernews.org that it was in fact your barrels. Nice!

Edited by odiedog52

Please do!

Oh, finally tried Adam! Wow. So earthy, tobacco-ey, a little bit of smoke and leather. So complex, what a wonderful beer!

I spent WAY too much money on beer while I was home, as I usually do. Time to cool down for a while :)

Oh, finally tried Adam! Wow. So earthy, tobacco-ey, a little bit of smoke and leather. So complex, what a wonderful beer!

Told ya! :thumbup: :cheers:

So, I am half way through my 2nd glass of Absinthe....ever! I was able to find a bottle of Canadian made "Taboo" in one of the better liquor stores. I am very much enjoying the flavours!! It was quite impressive to watch the change from the light green to milky!! I am indeed a fan of the tasty beverage!!! :thumbup:

I was able to find a bottle of Canadian made "Taboo" in one of the better liquor stores. I am indeed a fan of the tasty beverage!!! :thumbup:

I don't know it it's still available, but Taboo also had a "Gold" version and one distilled with myrrh, I believe, as a "Christmas" style. Never had those, but I enjoyed the original. :cheers:

Oh, and tonight I'm having a couple Molson Exports.

Actually, there were three. Taboo, Taboo Gold, and Taboo Myrrh. I wasn't a big fan of the myrrh, but I haven't tasted it since it first came out. I should revisit the bottle and write a review...

Thanks to you, Joe, I am now a martini fan!

Regarding Taboo, for those of you who haven't tasted it in a while, there has been a tweaking of the recipe to make it more "traditional". Less star anise, more green. The herbal profile in general is richer. I have a bottle of the most recent bottling and the louche is beautiful, nice hints of green and blue.

Just being in/on this forum has led me to buy more booze than I ever thought I'd try. A good thing.

It was only a few short years ago all I had at home was Bud Lite and Jose' Cuervo gold.

I'm ruined and well pleased all at the same time. :dev-cheers:

But such a fine, lovely path to ruination.

The way to hell is paved with absinthe bottles, and discarded stems.

Road Trip!! :mbanana: ......I'll drive.

I hear you get a 15% discount at the gate if you flash your AAA card. :devil:

I hear that they have the best stuff down there, Guess I will find out soon enough someday.

:dev-cheers:

Tonight I am having some of my freshly brewed brown ale. I think I will call it Dr. Sprocket's Brown Ale in honor of the upcoming steampunk convention. Will finish off tonight with a nice glass of NO for the evening. Im so glad I ran into you folks.

Cheers