DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tonight I am finishing off with a Marteau, some of the older stuff. omg_bill came over earlier and edumacated me on the nuances of different Absenthe available outside of OK. We started with a couple vertes including Marteau, which I liked a lot because of the minty caracteristics. The Novelle-Orleans was a really nice Jade that I fell in love with. La Clandestine is also a good absinthe that we tried. And we pitted it against my christmas persent "Grande Absente" Which is good in its own way, but doesn't stand against the nicer varieties of Absenthe we tried tonight. That's ok thought I will find some use with it in cocktails, and other niceties designed to make my friends come over to the green side :devil:

It was quite enjoyable. Pleasant hosts and good booze.

Marteau

Pacifique

Duplais Verte

CLB

Jade NO

I had never tasted Grande Absente. I can see it being used in cocktails.

We really enjoyed meeting Brewmaster and his wife. He also makes some good mead. We both learned stuff tonight.

Until next time, :cheers:

Could have 20" by morning!

Sigh... :wub:

I haven't had a night like that in a long time. :dev-cheers:

<spit take> ! :laf:

In this particular case, that would probably be far less scary than swallowing. :laugh:

Obituary cocktail. Not bad, but the gin is the best part of it.

Trying a "B" monkey from the "A Taste of Absinthe" cocktail book. I was all out of grenadine, but had some raspberry syrup on hand and tried that instead. It's not bad, but I don't know if I'd make it again with raspberry syrup-it gets in the way of some of the other flavors.

Edited by baubel

Im sipping some Jagermeister doing some bow maintenance and putting together some new arrows. It just felt right, drinking something dedicated to hunting wile maintaining tools used for hunting...

Edited by dillon

I don't remember what it was last night but I know the bottle was empty before I went for my nap.

I think I have a parcel arriving today........it looked good in the picture. :laugh:

La Berthe de Joux, which I'm afraid I find to be rather one-dimensional. Acceptable, but far from great.

After reading your review, I'm really beginning to wonder about the aging potential of this 56% absinthe, especially when you mention the peppery aspect overwhelming the anise and (particularly) the wormwood.

If there's one aspect of the flavor of this absinthe (when fresh, at least) that could almost be called objective, it would be the extremely powerful and forward wormwood. Is this a relatively new bottle, or has it been stored for at least few months? I'd pour myself a glass, as a test, but unfortunately, I drained my supply awhile ago. However, it wasn't that long ago, and the balance didn't seem to have changed all that much.

I'd pour myself a glass, as a test, but unfortunately, I drained my supply awhile ago.

Wow! You went through all that so fast? No wonder you always seem to have your hand wrapped around a brew, you just can't seem to control yourself can you?