DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yes, indeed, we have been running a mead contest and amongst the homebrewed ones we have included a supermarket one-it came last :thumbdown:

as for now, 10 yrs old Tawny Port and to be followed with an unnamed blanche.

Edited by Boggy

I ´m drinking some Maison Alandia 72° and some more Duplais 68°....hmmm the fennel aftertaste is a bit disturbing (Alandia) but still a great verte....

The last of a bottle of twenty year old Ruby Keelover Ginger Mead that I brewed in Buffalo in a different life.

Damn, now I'll have to miss this stuff all over again.

Ginger Mead huh? That sounds good! I will need to add that to my list. I am also charged with the task of making an alcoholic beer, But perhapse if I made a sparkling ginger mead, then I could kill two birds with one stone! :thumbup:

Ginger Mead huh? That sounds good! I will need to add that to my list. I am also charged with the task of making an alcoholic beer, But perhapse if I made a sparkling ginger mead, then I could kill two birds with one stone! :thumbup:

Or maybe a ginger braggot?

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year old bourbon. Tasty.

I'm munching Pringles and thinking about tomorrow's menu. I have two pounds of sushi-grade Ahi and nearly 25 pounds of fresh vegetables and fruit. My colleagues from the college are coming over tomorrow night and I'm planning pairing a variety of dishes and beverages. I love to cook for my friends and yet, I'm munching Pringles while contemplating a promised culinary adventure. At least the bourbon gives it an aire of potential sophistication, right? If they had any sense, they'd stop by McDonald's before heading over.

If they had any sense, they'd stop by McDonald's before heading over.

Bull. Pure bull. McDonald's is the last thing on my mind whenever I'm on the Ridge. I don't usually dig seafood, but Joe cooks some mean fish.

Yup. The one I caught (tricked) was just too nice.

Arsenic and Old Lace. Twice.

Edited by baubel

2010 The Abyss.

The usual black pour, but with a more bourbony nose and flavor profile, along with the usual licorice, molasses, chocolate, coffee, graham cracker, and a slight grassiness that isn't really off-putting, but something I could live without. The body is a bit lighter than I'd prefer, but ample enough.

Overall, it's nice (and much less hot at such a youthful age than in previous years), but I'm perfectly happy to stick with my pet Old Rasputin, which is fortunate, because I only managed to find two bottles of The Abyss, and they weren't even in Bellingham. In fact, when we stopped into our favorite Haggen market, the beer manager said he had ordered five cases, and only managed to get one, which sold out in a few hours. In previous years, the stuff would languish on the shelves for months, so all I can say is <WTF?> and <shrug>.

I am sipping on a little Drambuie one of my friends gave me as an early solstice (or Hogswatch as some say around here) gift as I am brewing 5.5 gallons of mead and 5.5 gallons of Amber Ale on the stove. . . . mmmmmm. Its going to be a good Year!

:cheers:

A glass of Jade Edouard, and then a glass of Belle Amie 2. Just felt like getting into the French stuff this evening, hadn't had either of them for quite a while. They went really well in that order, the BA had a nice sweet/flowery nose on it after the Jade. The BA has always had just a bit of an unpleasant musty odor for me, but tonight it was great. Not sure if it was the influence of the Eddy or just the the BA has some more age on it now, but whatever, it was exceptionally nice tonight. As was the Jade ;)

Turned out to be an enjoyable party, had others try WW. Kathy won a bottle of cheap wine and I won a poinsettia, both of which she'll gift to her Mom. But I was also the winner of a new game.firefighter-monopoly-edition.jpg

Edited by techdiver

More Abyss.

I take back what I said about the vegetal component, that seems to have disappeared overnight.

Definitely less heat and more evident bourbon than in such youthful Abyss in past years.

I'd say it's probably the best vintage yet.

Well, I started to order some Abyss from a website a couple of days ago.

As my wife caught me ordering, I was told to cancel the order and see what happens in the next few days.

Me thinks me have some Abyss headed my way!! :cheers:

Washing down Pho with Pipline Porter. It works just fine after this long (and productive) day.

Addendum: Lips of Faith Sahti (Ale brewed with spices). Meh.

Addendum: Lips of Faith Sahti (Ale brewed with spices). Meh.

Yeah, I heard that one wasn't very good.

Now there's even a Lips of Faith brewed with Endive...double meh.

The only one I really like is Eric's sour.