DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Might be enough to get me off of my butt and brewing again.
Good idea. I think I brew pretty good mead. BKSmithey brews the best mead I've ever had. Period. No bullshit. No exceptions.

Ha! No great skill, just application of the homebrewer's secret: the dozens of batches that taste like shit, you drink yourself. The one that comes out good, you share with your friends.

No shit. Offer him money, your first born child, whatever... the man needs to make more mead. I'm holding on to one last bottle with a grim nostalgia. If BKSmithey was in charge of it, I'd gladly dedicate one day of RMGW (Rocky Mountain Green Week) to mead. The woods would be filled with naked nymphs running a muck.

The world needs more naked nymphs running a muck, by the way.

If BKSmithey was in charge of it, I'd gladly dedicate one day of RMGW (Rocky Mountain Green Week) to mead.

Fuck yeah!

I haven't tried any of Bksmithey's brewed goodies, but I've heard good things about them and I think a day dedicated to mead would be awesome.

Mmm mead...

Well met BK! by the way that sounds awesome! Hopefully I will be there this year for Green Hour!

I will even bring some of my brews with me. I was pondering blackberries because I know where a grove is that produces tons of blackberries, and I am all about harnessing what you got on hand. Where I live we also have quite a few indegenious apricot trees.

I'm with you Joe, we need more naked nymphs running around!

:cheers:

I am all about harnessing what you got on hand.

:cheers:

No kidding. Lots of fruit trees with wasted fruit around here. :thumbdown: I might make a bit of a dent in that this summer. I found a place up in the mountains where there were lots and lots of wild raspberries growing and I thought about going up there and "borrowing" some for some experiments. Maybe after it warms up a bit and the bears have had their fill first. :twitchsmile:

I remember some excellent pyments from Ridge territory from a few years ago. They were all excellent. :cheers:

Ahh, Raspberries would do nicely! Raspberry Melamol would make such a good holiday beverage! They would make a good Lambic as well. Speaking of holiday Meads, I have a mulled Hippocras, that is just dying to come out of the cupboard. Not much longer. . . . :shifty:

Speaking of, these (trójniak lipiec kowieński, 100% linden mead according to Polish-Lithuanian recipe) are being aged and waiting for final cracking-up:

dsc06525k.jpg

whereas for New Year's Eve dwójniak szlachecki (multiflorous with honeydew) shall be opened:

dsc00007aw.jpg

The Ruthenian-style (with herbs and spices) czwórniak is being aged as well.

Edited by Boggy

It has the potential to be, this batch in general is a bit drier than expected, although it makes up for it in potence. Next time I think I will add more initial honey, or rack it a little earlier.

Apricot Mead? Damn, that sounds way tasty.

I've been making mead for a couple of decades but I haven't tried apricot. Mmmm...

Nice Boggy! I like what you did with the labels too. Sounds like it is going to be good!

Mead is having a renaissance in Poland right now, but its status is of very, very, niche market. As one of the very noble drinks, nobler than wine, it is for savouring not getting wasted with. And that is the main aspect that must be raised in the contemporary society if mead popularity might again surpass vodka popularity. My friends are making a lot of fruit meads, so these you call melomels, but I have decided for the homogeneous style. And thanks to Marlow's advice and assistance, I have started adding honey to my brews as well-in fact, only Imperial Baltic Porter does not contain honey.

It has the potential to be, this batch in general is a bit drier than expected, although it makes up for it in potence.
That makes perfect sense, of course. Personally, I'm partial to very dry sparkling meads anyway. Pyments are my personal approach to most mead brews.

Oh, then you will really like this stuff then, it is dry and sparkling. I myself like dry beverages, but I live with a bunch of sweet-teeths around here.

:laugh:

It has the potential to be, this batch in general is a bit drier than expected, although it makes up for it in potence.
That makes perfect sense, of course. Personally, I'm partial to very dry sparkling meads anyway. Pyments are my personal approach to most mead brews.

started with Blanchette,followed up with Sapphire.

Now sitting in front of Duplais verte & preparing an Angelique 72°.....it´ll be a good winternight here in Munich ;)

@Boggy: as far as I know mead is very famous around neo-pagan-folk -party-"metalheads" over here....but mainly to get wasted!!!so they get the very sulphuric supermarket drinks :thumbdown: ;)