DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Someone once had some gin and wanted a martini but had no vermouth so they substituted sake.

Being a fan of sake I was intrigued and gave it a try.

‎2.5 oz Silvertip gin

.75 oz Takara Sho Chiku Bai Classic Junmai Sake

1 dash Angostura orange bitters

stirred not shaken, wait for 20% melt, enjoy, repeat as necessary

This sake is lightly sweet and floral. It pairs well with the botanicals in the Silvertip. I would definitely chose this over a lesser quality vermouth but it helps that I am a sake fan. None-the-less and never-the-more I still prefer vermouth. :cheers:

Yeah, it was quite an easy day once I got home and started the ice water drip. Berthe de Joux and Meadow of Love are easily two of my favorites... I fell asleep quite easily.

Think I'm gonna bust out some PF 1901 tonight and give it another try... hopefully some air took out some of the "off" taste I perceived in my first few tries.

hopefully some air took out some of the "off" taste I perceived in my first few tries.

and if not you can always send the remainder my way. Always glad to take undesired absinthe off the hands of another. One man's "off" taste is another man's delicacy. :cheers:

Obituary cocktail. There's some Ridge Blanche in there, which is leading me to think that's why it's the best one I've ever had. I'll have to make another here in a little bit to know for sure, being strictly scientific and all. ;)

A Reverse Sazerac Sour with Ridge Verte. Stunning.

Help please, what is this Reverse Sazerac Sour? I'll try anything with "sazerac" in its name.