DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

:blush:

Thanks, Brian and everyone else that has been sending the compliments. I won't lie. We have been sitting on needles and pins before the gin was released. This is way more tense than opening a show.

Ridge Envy?

Ah well, it's worth the wait. The verte is indeed excellent, but I'm surprised that no one's extolled the virtues of Joe and Jules's earthy, complex blanche. I've been living with both for a few weeks now and am still finding little nuances that escaped me the first time around.

Fine, fine work.

Edited by AiO

I'm surprised that no one's extolled the virtues of Joe and Jules's earthy, complex blanche.

Im more of a verte guy but you make a great point, the blanche has been over looked in the posts, mostly because I have not single it out like I have the verte. Whats wonderful about the blanche is it is very close to tasting like a verte with softer qualities which is very nice. What I like most about it is it doesn't possess the overly sweet floral and honey notes that I find most blanches have nor is it simple with only anise flavors. Ridge Blanche is a wonderfully balanced and complex absinthe. :thumbup:

Diet Coke with Nuyens Wisniowka, a cherry liquer from Lewiston Maine 50%,alc/vol. It makes for a proper adult cherry coke or as my wife calls it a "Choke" afterall it was her idea. :cheers:

...I'm surprised that no one's extolled the virtues of Joe and Jules's earthy, complex blanche.

...you make a great point, the blanche has been over looked in the posts...

I didn't overlook it! :tongue:

Some random blanche. Young, but tasty! B)

Howe Sound Father John's Winter Ale.

Very complex, spicy ale with ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, honey, yellow sugar, molasses, and a few other spices.

Despite being an only 17 IBU ale, this is reasonably dry in the finish, and very skilfully blended.

It's the epitome of "holiday" flavor, and delicious when one is in the mood, but I couldn't imagine it as a steady liquid bread diet.

...I'm surprised that no one's extolled the virtues of Joe and Jules's earthy, complex blanche.

...you make a great point, the blanche has been over looked in the posts...

I didn't overlook it! :tongue:

Some random blanche. Young, but tasty! B)

exactly my point finger. The blanche has been over looked not because it hasn't been mentioned but because it hasn't been singled out. B)

I can't speak for everyone else, but I haven't singled it out, or gotten more specific in my comments, until now, for two reasons; 1. I didn't know if Joe and Jules wanted it to be known that it was in a certain group of people's hands (being that it is not in widespread distribution). 2. And while I am very impressed, it really is young and evolving almost by the day. As such, and as a reviewer on this site, I always approach with caution, making comments on any new offering until they have settled into their center-line.

But now that the cat's out of the bag, and with that being said, I did my first evaluations on both the blanche and the verte a few days ago. At the initial outcomes, I will do at least two more evaluations, and then another tasting while I tweak the final write-ups. This is the same process I follow with every absinthe that scores highly. I will finalize reviews as soon as the evolution of each becomes more stable, and I hope to have reviews up in the next couple of weeks. I only know Joe and Jules so well, but I think they would appreciate no less.

BTW, enjoying a E. Pernot Liqueur de Genepi while I post this.

Started with a Russian River Pliny the Elder:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...2_4806508_n.jpg

Then moved to a Stone Brewing Lukcy Basartd, which is a blend of their Arrogant Bastard, Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard, and their Double Bastard:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...23_963016_n.jpg

And ended the night with some Woodford Reserve.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...3_7674904_n.jpg

1. I didn't know if Joe and Jules wanted it to be known that it was in a certain group of people's hands (being that it is not in widespread distribution).

The same reason I held off commenting until now, even in a nudge nudge wink wink way. That and the whole "Igotsumpinyoudontgotneenerneener" thing. Sorta rubs me the wrong way.

Damn you gentlemen! We wanted to make a successful product without anyone ever commenting on the flavor! :twitchsmile:

Seriously, your discretion is greatly appreciated and admired. We are delighted (and occasionally surprised) a few bottles leaked beyond the borders of Montana and even more thrilled with the kind comments.

Yesterday was our "Theatre Thanksgiving." We had the usual absinthe bar: Ridge, Ridge, Leopold, Mansinthe, Kübler (no takers) and Lucid (meh) and pitchers of Egg Nog, Gig-Gin Mule and Monkey Gland (Made with Magellan Gin: "Hey! Orange Juice and blue gin makes... ewww")

Today I get to clean-up the aftermath.