DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Odie:

I tried Matt on several occasions, and it was absolutely delicious, except for too much heat.

I didn't think the coconut and apple esters would work well together, but I was delightfully surprised.

I don't think the flavors overall are quite as well married as they are in the Adam, but there's no question that Matt rocks!

I had the first Matt as well at Brouwer's Cafe last year, I agree it was pretty hot, but it was also lacking any carbonation. This year I've yet to try, but it has carbonation and apparently the apple brandy doesn't come through as much. If you know anyone in Portland, it might still be available! $15 a bottle, certainly beats $25 per bottle that bottleworks and brouwer's charges!

$15 a bottle, certainly beats $25 per bottle that bottleworks and brouwer's charges!

True dat, but $5 a bottle for Adam is a far better deal for just as much incredible flavor.

From their overall profiles, I'd take a guess and say that Matt is virtually the same recipe as Adam, only aged in eau de vie and bourbon barrels, which would account for those flavors, and its extra 2.5% abv.

A very good* Arsenic and Old lace. Half the ingredients came from the same brand. :twitchsmile:

:yahoo:

*I'd say it's one of the best, but I got a little cocky with the liqueur de violette.

Edited by baubel