DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Somewhat of a 3-course liquid meal, for me. After the angelica-heavy HG wet my whistle, came a full-bodied VP for the main, and a La Maison Fontaine for dessert.

Methinks it's Vanilla Porter time. Liquor before beer.

Porsbrannvin (Anyone else love the taste of Bog Myrtle?)

Aha! The dreaded "pors"!!!

Speaking of pors, bottled a batch of gruit earlier, after which I had a 1:5 Perroquet.

Now, enjoying a 1.5:6 Mansinthe.

This Pors is something very special. I hide it from myself to ration it.

If only I could find bog myrtle locally. I keep looking.

Guiness from a can with lunch.

It has been a very productive day on the Ridge and I'm a happy girl. :cheers:

I was thinking I would come home from a weekend of work to a nice scotch, but now i am longing to look at the beautiful green Duplais. Maybe ill pour a little in a glass to look at while I drink some scotch, or perhaps ill just have both.

I found an unopened bottle of gin. The martini tastes quite delightful. The label was Silver.....Sliver.....uh....yummm......Ahhhh, Silvertip.

To winter storms, Cheers!

When I get home I'm guessing I'll drink a Hair of the Dog Casey.

That black lab hair gets everywhere! Aren't dogs supposed to stop shedding in the winter?

I must try this silver what you ma call it gin
I hope you get a chance real soon. We are slowly looking at angles to make our swill available nation-wide but the hoops you have to jump through are numerous and pricey. We'll figure it out before long, I hope.

My State of Mind, Cocktail a la Louisianne... Manhattan, southern style. Recipe compliments brother AiO.

2 oz Rye whiskey my fave so far, Redemption Rye.

.75 oz sweet vermouth, my fave so far, Vya sweet.

.75 oz Benedictine.

3 dashes Peychauds.

3 dashes absinthe, my faves so far, Jade NO, DP MOL.

I've been using Devoille's brandied cherries. I hear that Williams Sonoma has brandied cherries back in stock again.

Pure liquid sex.

Gulden Draak Vintage Ale.

Interestingly, although this is their holiday release, it's actually lower in alcohol (only 7.5% ABV) than their year-round version (10.5% ABV).

Nevertheless, it's a delicious dubbel-style Belgian ale.

Hair of the Dog Adam.

Deep, clear caramel colored pour with a thick and creamy enduring head nearly a half an inch thick. Immensely complex aroma of figs, pralines and cream, butterscotch, toffee, grapes, cherries, vanilla, wood, smoke, coffee ice cream, rum, and raisins, and even a hint of Drambuie.. Flavor is similar, but the leathery character really emerges, and subtly integrated smoked appears, and vanishes, only to return in the tremendously long finish. There are plenty of earthy interwoven hops to somewhat dry out the finish, although this is definitely sweeter than it is bitter. The carbonation is extremely soft on the palate, and the texture is creamy, but not really chewy, more like silky. Adam reminds me of an even more complex Rochefort 10. :thumbup:

Did somebody say Hair of the Dog?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...3_7691815_n.jpg

Matt! An american strong ale aged in kentucky bourbon barrels and apple eau de Vie barrels. Re-released. Still available I believe too, brewery only. I had someone I knew pick some up as I missed the release by a day and she said it was sold out when I went to pick it up from her yesterday, on my way to Pelican Pub and Brewery in Pacific City. I was 2 miles away from HOTD and well, nope, not sold out. So I got my bottles, would have liked more though.

Also got my bottles of 2010 Pelican Pub Mother of All Storms (previously called The Perfect Storm). An English style barleywine aged for 4 months in 1998 Evan Williams bourbon barrels!

Tonight, drinking some Fish Brewing Co 10 Squared Anniversary barleywine. Good, but tastes more like a fresh and super hoppy DIPA. Not much sweetness to it, just a lot of intense bitterness.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...3_7691815_n.jpg

9 hours roundtrip for the Matt and Mother of All Storms. Ugh.

Edited by odiedog52