DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I'm terrible with a gavel.

Hot damn, that's a tasty verte. It's got a great label, but I can't read the small print. :pirate:

y.

I don't see what Dinky's old girlfriend has to do with this.

Oops, wrong forum. :paperbag3: :laugh:

Southern Tier Oat imperial Stout.

This stuff oughtta come with its own feedbag. :thumbup:

Tonight I enjoyed some Plymouth gin, first neat, then on ice with a lemon twist. Thanks, Joe, for teaching me the ropes on what for me is a totally new beverage.

y.

I don't see what Dinky's old girlfriend has to do with this.

Oops, wrong forum. :paperbag3: :laugh:

Southern Tier Oat imperial Stout.

This stuff oughtta come with its own feedbag. :thumbup:

Southern Tier Pumking :)

A Pernot perfection night. Started with Maison Fontaine, follwed by Perroquet, ending with La Berthe De Joux.

The perfect build from blanche, to verte yin then verte yang. Very very tasty experiment in sequence and profiles.

Lucky you sbmac! Sounds wonderful, wish I was there. Its nothing but coffee for me tonight, working til tomorow night, then it is off to Disneyland. Hopefully a package will be waiting for me when I get back. :D

Nice, isn't Picon hard to find in the states?

Yup. The Whiskey Exchange has it though. :devil:

untitled.JPG

I see the Damson Gin in your pic. A customer of ours likes Voyager and Damsons so much that he made his own Damson gin using Voyager. He brought us a bottle of what he made, and I must say it is dam(so)n good. Easy to make your own also.

Ditto on the Whisky Exchange, a good place for us Americans to buy some things not here (such as the Chartreuse Infusion).

customer of ours likes Voyager and Damsons so much that he made his own Damson gin using Voyager. He brought us a bottle of what he made, and I must say it is dam(so)n good. Easy to make your own also.

Nice! I might have to try that as well.

A blanche that was stashed for a couple years. I never really know what I'll find while digging in my closet. It was a good find. :cheers:

Yeah it was neat. It was in an Absinthe Lemercier Amer 20 cl flask. I know that's been around here for awhile. I can't remember the last time I had any of it to drink. Spooky! ;)

A backwards glass of Pacifique. I filled the glass with shaved ice and slowely poured the absinthe over it, as it trickled to the bottom, my absinthe slushy turned into a beautifully louched glass.

Maybe it's having too much time on my hands, but it didn't bother me at all to lose 20 minutes between drizzling and melting and so on.

Now for the drinking.

:cheers:

2008 John Barleycorn Barleywine Ale.

Very fruity, port/sherry middle, sweet, but with some very nice Brewer's Gold hop nicely interwoven into all the malt.

This one definitely improves with age.