DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Nice to hear, Joe. Based on the reviews I've read, I feared it not, and just got one from DUNY w/ a Pacifique - so I'll definitely open it later.

Speaking of Pacifique - I had my first yesterday. Bottle has a bit of herbal floaties, but I don't care. I rather enjoyed it; stylistically, reminded me of Marteau in the aroma - but then, WOW - the flavors just explode out of this one. Very "forward", but in a really good way - intense! Nice work, Mr. ZMan.

hmmm...Ridge Verte...haven't seen that one at BevMo yet...sure would love to try it someday...ha.

Congrats Joe and Mrs. 'Stillery - your hard work seems to be moving right along.

A Bluecoat Gin martini. *smile*

Emptied the bottle. That makes two empty gin bottles this weekend.

Voyager is up next and I really enjoy the Voyager gin. :thumbup:

I was surprised to discover Mansinthe on sale in Montana. Gotta support the young absinthe market, right? I hadn't tried it before but coming from Matter, I expected it to be good. It is. I think Ridge can hang right with it (I was drinking both) but I wouldn't turn my nose up at another glass.

I believe you have to have this playing in the background while you Louche.

Edited by Butch Onufrak

I enjoy his music. Hell, I even like him but it's not exactly background music for pleasant conversation. :laugh:

This weekend was spent in Missoula to see the university's very enjoyable production of Hair. Arrogant Bastard to wash down the leftovers from lunch.

It's a Mansinthe marathon!

Just a couple of slugs into the first glass from the new bottle - very nice. Good wormwood bite and linger, considerable toungue-numbing, think I'm getting a bit of that hyssopy confectioner's sugar thing....yeah!

Had a Port Brewing High Tide Wet Hop Ale with my crap mac n' cheese. Both were great, but not the best pairing (ordered my beer before I decided on what I wanted).

Now I'm sipping on more Evan Williams with 2 rocks.

:pirate:

Speaking of Pacifique - I had my first yesterday. Bottle has a bit of herbal floaties, but I don't care. I rather enjoyed it; stylistically, reminded me of Marteau in the aroma - but then, WOW - the flavors just explode out of this one. Very "forward", but in a really good way - intense! Nice work, Mr. ZMan.

Voyager is up next and I really enjoy the Voyager gin. :thumbup:

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Marc

working on the last of the 1898. No more jades left :/ guess ill have to pick up some Mansinthe at the local store and hope its good enough to hold me over until I can get an order of new stuff shipped in.

Having a glass of Lucid that has mellowed remarkably. Granted, the bottle was dusty.......but still, it's Lucid I'm talking about. Usually it's like firing a shotgun, hold on or might just get kicked in the face.

Added another Nickelback album to the library and it's raining. A very nice afternoon. B)

:cheers:

Yes Butch, it's Monday.......a VERY well developed Monday at that. My mind is mush.

And to think it was over....I was just made aware that it wasn't.

Perhaps this Tesseron Cognac will bring me back to my happy place. :devil:

:cheers:

Yes, it is a Monday but I like to reflect on my evil twin's sage wisdom of "it is one day closer to Friday". Bless his heart. :heart:

I want something warming to drink. Something using maraschino cherries. Joe scored a pallet of cherries at the Missoula Costco this weekend. It is the simple things in life.

World English Dictionary

flocculate (ˈflɒkjʊˌleɪt)

— vb

to form or be formed into an aggregated flocculent mass

floccu'lation

— n

That just sounds dirty.

I decided to go with Asbach Uralt btw. :cheers:

<-----------formed into an aggravated flocculent mess. :devil:

Awww heck, I like Mondays. Let's start with them and get them out of the way so we can get on with the week. :laugh:

Agreed. Get the b.s. out of the way before someone gets seriously hurt.

There's a lot of talk around the studio about deflocculants. No one is ever the same after the first time anyways.

Well... whooped it up with a Le Vieux Donjon CDP 1999 with my braised pork shank with the trimmings earlier. Now, a Mephisto with Silvertip, Boissiere ED, some mystery verte (I just can't figure out where that label went. I wish these producers would buy some better glue!), Dubois cane sugar syrup, and Black bottle scotch. :)