DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Some nine year old Fred from the Wood.

It reminds me of Fish Brewing's Oak Aged Leviathan, but more complex, and smoother. Flavors abound, with citrus, kumquat, vanilla, tobacco, oak, and hazelnut all present, and expertly balanced.

Hair of the Dog rocks!

I'm sure you and Maggie would get along well over one of her top shelf tequilas.  No doubt the company would be charming but I would opt for a different drink.  ;)

I still have an unopened bottle of Sauza Hornitos that I brought back from Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. Not a single English word on it.

In looking through my hooch cupboard, I also found an unopened bottle of Russian Vodka with some sort of automatic firearms on the label and the name KALASHNIKOV. Anybody know if it is safe to drink? (my ex traveled a lot and there are only so many snowglobes one can bring home as a souvenir...)

The devil and his weapon of choice...

Grim, I gotta ask. You must have the patience of the saints. Do you load up the ice and wait for it to melt into the absinthe? How long does it take, depending on room temperature, 'natch?

Some anejo Patron 2nite,found a really good book on Tequila by Bob Emmons, who visited each of the 46 distilleries in Mexico and wrote up each; (Amazon has em for $11, I believe):

post-272-1149734790.jpg

:wave2: You betcha Maggie;be sure to get the second edition(says it on the cover)

the winner was......El Tesoro de Don Felipe!!(Its stillmade the old original way and Patron came in third..) B)

The devil and his weapon of choice...

Grim, I gotta ask. You must have the patience of the saints. Do you load up the ice and wait for it to melt into the absinthe? How long does it take, depending on room temperature, 'natch?

Oops... thought I responded to this... sorry.

Um... no. I just drizzle water over the ice I've got in the brouilleur... 'natch.

I picked up a tub of chicken livers at the store a couple of days ago and am planning on frying half and freezing the rest tonight. I'll cook chicken breasts for my wife and granddaughter since they don't appreciate fine food.

I'm gona burn the wagon tonight. I might take a ride on the Sportster at lunch time and check out the available beverages in another town (with better liquor stores).

I'll have to wait to see what awaits me this evening.

:cheers:

I had Indian food for lunch, so I'm trying to settle my stomach. I had a glass of ouzo, and am now sipping on a glass of BdA. I'm upgrading.

Started with a Weihenstephaner hefeweizen...followed by an:

eichelberger verte

Clandestine Le bleue

Blanchette de Combier

Flying monkeys dropped off my order in amazing time...5 days from internet order to doorstep...love me some LdF

Gotta wake up in 5 hours and go back to work...may regret this.....

El Tesoro de Don Felipe is one of my favs. Last night a friend and I celebrated the end of Fried-day with two hefty pitchers of margaritas. We managed to wipe out a bottle of Centinela Reposado. The nice thing about Centinela is it has no additives or preseratives so no hangover. Another nice thing, it is inexpensive. We went lightly on the sugar and used organic lime juice. T73 makes a fine margarita considering the fact that he won't taste it! He ate beer all night in honor of G&C.

Woke up to sunlight (sort of) and a heavy rain at 4:30 this morning. Coffee for breakfast. Tonight we are hosting a Green Hour at Good Medicine Retreat. Life is wonderful. Darn Hippies. :wave2:

Tonight, I'm drinking Claude Alain Bugnon's classic, "La Clandestine", in the signature blue bottle. This rich, flavourful and approachable absinthe still has the subtlety that many afficianados, or "absintheurs", demand in a high-quality suisse-style "la bleue".

Available through many of your favorite online distributors, this exemplary absinthe is sure to become a staple in your collection of fine liquors.