DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Saturday was my first day out of the Army! I flew to Camp Mutineer in Murphys, CA where we will be based for the next 6 months. The first night here we went to a scotch tasting .. then i thought what better way to celebrate and ran home and grabbed my bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon. It was great and I surprised the hell out of everyone there .. thought a lot of em had no idea what it was. We ended up drinking a bit more than half of it, which was more than I wanted to burn through, but it was worth it and a great way to celebrate. Now I just need to find another bottle to save for 20 years! This bourbon was put into barrels within 2 weeks of my birth (April 86), so it's kind of cool in that respect .. and it's 24 1/2 years old now!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg412/scaled.ph...0&ysize=640

Edited by odiedog52

I'm having a glass of la blanche de chambly quite nice but less spicy than hoegaarden

I love many of Unibroue's beers - La Fin Du Monde, Terrible, Quelque Chose - but they really should change the name of this one to "Bland De Chambly".;)

Gimme a Mannekin Pis any day. Or even better - My homebrewed Wit Bier!

Berthe for me. It's alright

Hey Sandpedlar, its only alright? You aren't in agreement with the 3 reviews on WS? It's not the best you ever had? I am very curious to try it myself after reading the reviews.

I'm having a glass of la blanche de chambly quite nice but less spicy than hoegaarden

I love many of Unibroue's beers - La Fin Du Monde, Terrible, Quelque Chose - but they really should change the name of this one to "Bland De Chambly".;)

I had a week of two ago 1664 blanc ( kronenbourg) tasty ...

I'd throw in Trois Pistoles in the "love" category, but I absolutely agree with you about the Bland.

Berthe for me. It's alright

Hey Sandpedlar, its only alright? You aren't in agreement with the 3 reviews on WS? It's not the best you ever had? I am very curious to try it myself after reading the reviews.

It is a tasty absinthe, to be sure. :thumbup:

I prefer a few others to it, though.

The man makes good hooch, huh?

Post-rehearsal* Heavy Horse Scotch Ale from Big Sky. Not bad at all.

*Thankfully, this one is not a musical. The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh who is one twisted writer. This one might even impress Absomphe.

...Maudite (on tap) :)

...Maudite (on tap) :)

Yeah! We've got some Unibroue love 'round here! Great brewery. They also make the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale, which is pretty much the best deal in beer when it's in season.

Right there with you, Abs - and I had the Pistoles in the list, but I didn't want it to look like a laundry list...

For my part, I'm on part II of a 750 of Dogfish Head's "Miles Davis' Bitches Brew" - celebrating the 40th anniversary of the original release. 3 parts Imperial Stout, 1 part Honey beer with Gesho Root.

Man, I love Dogfish Head.

I love Vinnie's pioneer, cutting edge spirit, that's for sure.

His experiment's don't always work, but he always goes out on a limb to bring his fans something really different. :thumbup:

His experiment's don't always work, but he always goes out on a limb to bring his fans something really different. :thumbup:

Sam is Dogfish Head .... Vinnie is Russian River :twitchsmile:

Had to ship my whole east coast "cellar" this way .. most all of it will be here today. There was a delivery exception though for a damaged package that is "unable to deliver" ... oh man, I have NO idea what's in that box. I hope they still send it my way; sometimes they'll repackage and just send it along. Other times they just trash it all.

Thanks Odie - beat me to it.

And yes, Abs - I don't like all of the Dogfish stuff. Just most of it.

Doh!!! :paperbag3:

That's the first time I've ever confused those two.

Maybe I should stick to either beer or absinthe.

For today, anyway, I think I'll join Bill. :twitchsmile:

For today, anyway, I think I'll join Bill. :twitchsmile:

The best of intentions...

Big Sky Buckin' Monk Tripel.

Definitely better than the mediocre rep it has on Ratebeer.

Just finished a glass of Meadow of Love, simply a beautiful absinthe all around. 3:1 with a little sugar and my taste buds were swimming in the savory notes of heaven.

Contemplating finishing off the last drops of my first bottle of Pacifique as well, since I have a new one which I just cracked open to breathe a few days ago... yes it was a tough day at work. :)