DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Great, thanks a lot! As if I haven't bought enough BdJ, now all the remarks on Perroquet have piqued my interest. Again on their website I see they have Perroquet listed as the "last", just as they did for BdJ which has since been corrected to "latest".

Edited by techdiver

I (like Peridot) perceive an oceanic quality in Walton Waters that is not completely dissimilar from the briny quality found in an Islay single malt scotch.

Perhaps it's that taste sensation that's obscuring the talc-y-ness. :laugh:

To echo a former post I read about it, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more flap about this one, especially considering all the hoopla about LBdJ.

Hmmm, now that does sound familiar... :)

Seriously, both LBdJ and Perroquet are fine absinthes and were initially on an equal footing in my humble estimation. With a few more glasses of each under my belt, though, I have to say that the parrot has the edge.

Having a glass of Jack Daniels Single Barrel that I picked up over the weekend. Tasty stuff if you ask me. I bought a bottle of Meadow of Love about two weeks ago and I must say that it is an incredible absinthe. Though I'm not sure if it beats Pacifique in my mind, but there more than enough room at the top!

With a few more glasses of each under my belt, though, I have to say that the parrot has the edge.

Interesting.

Still no review here on it.

I could swear I read that someone (whose palate I definitely respect :) ) was going to post his last week. ;)

I opened one of my Perroquet DP bottles in July, and I thought it was lovely. If that counts for anything. Bill hasn't opened his Perroquet yet. I know this because it's still in my possession. And Baubel hasn't opened his Perroquet either, for the same reason.

If that counts for anything.

Indeed it does. :cheers:

Lucky! Maybe my palate will be respectable too... someday. Or not. :pirate:

My palate is on strike. It is refusing to be fair. When it decides to participate again then maybe there will be a review. So.....why waste good booze. I can always drink Bud Lite. It's wet, it works and it's everywhere. Until then....... :wave2:

I have just louched my last drop of Jade l'esprit d'edouard... this is a moment to savour. Thank god I have a bottle of Doubs in the post, or should I say S@#T I've run out of Absinthe...... o well, I think I'm just gonna enjoy this moment. cheers everyone :cheers:

I can always drink Bud Lite.

Sure, it's not like I can slap you upside the head all the way from East Bumfuck. :laugh: :cheers:

Older Viscosity today.

It's interesting that you dig it so much*; I had a bottle of just plain Old Viscosity and was unimpressed. Maybe it needs to be Olderer for that extra Viscosness. The other Port Brewing offering I've sampled is the Anniversary Ale and that stuff is heaven.

*EDIT- Older Viscosity I mean, not slapping Bill upside the head for drinking Bud Lite.

Edited by Green Baron

Well, I'm outta' here in a few minutes to have a couple of Buds. Just did my 4th evaluation on Perroquet, and followed it with an LBdJ. I need something insipid to slap me back to reality (Yeah, I know. Have fun with that one Abs, baub, Joe, and whoever!).

Edited by fingerpickinblue

Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous. :laugh:

It's interesting that you dig it so much*; I had a bottle of just plain Old Viscosity and was unimpressed.

I found Old Viscosity to be a disappointment, as well.

Even 2010 Older Viscosity is too hot to enjoy the underlying flavor nuances.

The stuff I raved about was a bottle from 2007.

who might have some Marteua in stock?
Stop by. I think I can help you out. :cheers:

From Harvest Moon Brewery in Belt, Montana, Charlie Russell Red. It's pretty damn tasty.