DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tell me you didn't throw out the pre-ban rinse, Brian.
Hell no!

Love to try some of those barrel-aged cocktails. Hmmmm, DC mid-November?

you're absolutely welcome to come down! I'll be entertaining another absinthe fan in the first or second week in November. Maybe we can make it a group thing!

Tell me you didn't throw out the pre-ban rinse, Brian.
Hell no!

;)

you're absolutely welcome to come down!

A very generous and very tempting offer!

I'm on the porch sipping on a second Aviation gin and tonic and hearing the live Quadro Nuevo. The mister doesn't enjoy gin--not even the Hendricks, but he is gaga over this one.

:twitchsmile:

sippin a johnnie walker black wondering how much better it would be if it was a double black. Has anyone been able to get their hands on a bottle of the double black yet?

sippin a johnnie walker black wondering how much better it would be if it was a double black. Has anyone been able to get their hands on a bottle of the double black yet?

Well, the good thing is that in March 2011, it will be distributed globally, compared to the six airport duty-free locations it was as starting in January.

Man, JW Black; can't say how much of that I drank. When I first turned 21 that's all I drank. The only blended scotch I've bought a full size bottle of in the last 15 or so years is Royal Salute. I see Double Black is more than Blue. It'd be interesting to try though.

I wouldn't use bay as a barometer of cost. The Moody Report I read showed they plan to price it at 15-20% above the normal black. That would make it around $30-$40 or so.

Bridgeport Hop Harvest Ale 2010.

At last, after twenty six years, Bridgeport has come up with a product I'd definitely buy again.

Very floral with notes of cedar, black pepper, orange, grapefruit, a hint of coriander, and a long, powerful finish.

The blurb on the label claims "From field to brew in one hour" referring to the Centennial hops, and it tastes like that.

This beer might be overdone (especially at only 6.56% abv), but because it's a Bridgeport ale (big flavor has never been their strong suit), the flavor remains perfectly restrained and refreshing.

Old Fashions here. I am trying to decide--I hate the grittiness of the sugar cube in this drink. Alternately, I love cherries, but the muddled cherry doesn't do much but cloud the drink in this case. Simple syrup is an alternative I haven't tried, but probably should. I do like to muddle stuff though, so I am loathe to *just* do the syrup. Ugh.

Man, JW Black; can't say how much of that I drank. When I first turned 21 that's all I drank. The only blended scotch I've bought a full size bottle of in the last 15 or so years is Royal Salute. I see Double Black is more than Blue. It'd be interesting to try though.

The pricwe you are finding on the net ismarked way up, they think they can sell it for ten times its cost because its not widley available, until march 2011 that is. The actual price is about $30 but thats for a liter bottle from what i have read so i guess its the same value as the black label just a new smokier formula :D can't wait to taste it.

Bridgeport Hop Harvest Ale 2010.

The blurb on the label claims "From field to brew in one hour" referring to the Centennial hops, and it tastes like that.

I thought the hops had to be dried first before they can really do their hoppy thing. I really don't remember.

Drinking really cheap but decent gin tonight.. New Amsterdam something or other. The wife brought it home. I've had worse.

The new amsterdam gin has a strange mellow vanilla taste to me rather than the sharp juniper citrus taste that has a little bit to it ive come to love in gin, especially in a martini. Whats your take on it Butch?

I tried some a while ago, and thought it wasn't bad. Very, very affordable and tasty. Not my favorite gin, and I probably won't buy it again since there are plenty of others out there that I like more. One or two in particular that seem to be equally difficult to acquire...;)

I'm sipping on a martini, a little have on the vermouth, but otherwise real good. Refreshing!

Manhattan with a touch of Benedictine, a Sazerac right now.

I'm having a Manhattan myself: Redemption rye, Dolin rouge, orange bitters, and a Luxardo maraschino cherry. Simple and delicious.

Tuaca and a fresh pot of coffee. Sleep has been elusive at best recently so time has been relegated to irrelevant.

Besides, my buddy in London says it's well passed happy hour. That said, I plan to have a little coffee with my Tuaca, watch 3 fresh horror movies and daydream of getting some sleep. :)

:arrr: