DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Ya, it was pretty random. But, it's not the end of the world and I'm sure karma will catch up with her.

Working on some Rhum Barbancourt 15 Year old Estate Reserve!

Oh, and ya .. crazy. She most definitely has some issues and I had to stop talking to her and block her on everything cause she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

:pirate:

Sipping on some of that vintage Melrose Rye. Damn, this stuff is tasty.

Is that what you had at Tales?

No, that was Oxy's Hannisville Rye offering. The Melrose is strikingly better.

Had a couple Bluecoat martini's then switched to a blanche of questionable lineage. A good switch.

Now I'm out of both. :3869-sadbanana:

Time to head to the PNW.

Believe it or not, I'd like to meet Absomphe and anyone else that would like to share some booze and stories this weekend. Ok, maybe I've been drinking a bit but still.....

:cheers:

Ok, maybe I've been drinking right out of a still.....

Obviously, but I'm sure it happens so rarely, and you only live once! :laugh: :cheers:

La Maison Fontaine. Quite nice. One of my two fav blanches. It has completely wiped away the flavor and memory of a rancid PEI mussel served to me tonight, that were it not for this absinthe, may have killed me. :cool-reaper:

Dammit, now I need to go get some ginger. :cheers:

I finally got around to make a vintage Sazerac, using Mt. Vernon rye and Peychauds, both from the 1930s and some 1914 Pernod Fils.

Damned if that's not tasty....

Tomorrow I set 3 gallons of Trident and 3 gallons of Remember The Maine cocktails down to rest for 6 weeks in four grain whiskey barrels. :thumbup:

Tell me you didn't throw out the pre-ban rinse, Brian.

The Penicillin is well worth the trip to the grocery store for ginger. Hands down my favorite scotch cocktail.

Love to try some of those barrel-aged cocktails. Hmmmm, DC mid-November?

More BdJ, but...

This time I savored it in an amazing etched and engraved rather delicate reservoir glass (which is almost mominette-sized), and has a very defined and somewhat eliptical and broad reservoir. It is shorter than your typical absinthe glass, and was definitely intended for home, and not tavern use. I'd guess that it dates to at least the 1880s, if not a tad earlier.

I loves me dem Value Village two buck deals. :thumbup: