DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The word on the street is that there will be no Ivan the Terrible released in 2010 .. if that's the case, what will you do?!

Go back to drinking absinthe, of course, duh! :laugh:

L'Italienne.
Joe...doesn't seem to think "this "stuff" necessarily qualifies as absinthe, and I still can't figure out why. :)
Oh, of course it's absinthe. Just not very traditional but it is (was) very tasty. There is/was ample room for L'Italienne in the absinthe world.

I'm sipping on cognac and putting addresses on Ridge postcards to Montana liquor stores. Postcard.

A glass of Walton Waters...this stuff just keeps getting better with age....and it was great to begin with.

Thanks for making it for us....and if you haven't tried it and Meadow of Love yet...What are you waiting for?

I built a Monkey Gland and an Obituary cocktail last evening. Both were tasty even with my limited cocktail skills. Been sipping Silvertip all week and it's just pretty dang tasty.

I did the samething with Zman's gin and that was also a tasty week.

'Tis a fun game to play. To you both, :cheers:

Next week, I'll try my hand at sipping absinthe. :devil:

I'm pitting sloe gins against one another to see which emerges victorious. The final decision has not yet been made. The competition is stiff, but I shall press on.

I'm having a variation on a Sazerac: 2 oz High West Rye, 1/4 oz black tea simple syrup, 2-3 dashes of Bitter Truth Celery bitters, lemon twist, Marteau rinse. It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :cheers:

Earthquake!

Tried to have a bonfire, but the damn 'squitoes were so bad that we called it an early night and came inside. :cheers:

The Abyss.

This stuff's aging even better than Ivan the Terrible.

Bellingham markets have been out of them for months, but we found a small cache of it in an eccentric grocery in bucolic Maple Falls, near Mt. Baker.

I only bought one bottle, but I think the other four have my name on them and need to be purchased next weekend. :devil:

L'Italienne. This is really yummy and unique. Batch #2. I remember reading that Stefano was stopping the production of this, but I just got this bottle from LDF. Is it back in production, or did I get what will

be a dwindling supply? If so, I may need to order more while I can.

The Abyss.

This stuff's aging even better than Ivan the Terrible.

Bellingham markets have been out of them for months, but we found a small cache of it in an eccentric grocery in bucolic Maple Falls, near Mt. Baker.

I only bought one bottle, but I think the other four have my name on them and need to be purchased next weekend. :devil:

Which year? There have been a lot of reports of infection (sour cherry notes) in the 2009, which have been developing over the last 2-3 months. It's not widespread, it seems to be hit or miss. Before you go out and buy a case of it, I'd recommend to purchase a single bottle of the batch and try it. Again, it's hit or miss and doesn't seem to matter where in their distribution it was purchased and it's a more recent development opposed to the first several months it was out.

But Abyss is still located all over in OR and WA. I bought almost two cases of it when it came out .. but it's all in WA and haven't had a chance to try one. My brother tasted one two months ago, and he said there were no off flavors .. so I'm crossing my fingers my $350 of Abyss is okay! Now, if I can find a 2006 and complete the vertical!!! :pirate:

Speaking of Deschutes, I'm working on a 2010 Deschutes Jubelale and I'm loving it. I will be stocking up on this this year. It will be out around the end of October.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg697/scaled.ph...0&ysize=640

It, indeed, was the 2009 Abyss, Odie, and there were certainly no off flavors. In fact, the flavors were much better married than I've ever tasted them, with the dark chocolate, licorice, and molasses definitely winding around that heavily roasted, almost burnt characteristic, and mellowing it out just enough for perfection.

As to the Jubelale 2010, I'm also a big fan. I never loved the regular version, the hops just seemed to Germanic, in a vegetal sense. However, the wine barrels seem to have virtually eliminated those overtones, and added a nice layer of complexity. :thumbup:

Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with your Abyss!

This is the regular Jubelale (of 2010) I'm drinking (as opposed to the Jubel 2010 that you're thinking of) ... but I'm really like it. Of course, I'm also a fan of the case of Jubel 2010 I have as well :P

Oh how I love beer.