DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Back when I used to spend time in Atlanta, it seemed to me the diet in those parts was usually Cisco, Crystal Meth and Steak and Shake, followed by a cruise in a big 4x4 around Town Center Mall. Boy, times have changed.

Molly thank you for the lovely glasses. 

Yes, indeed! Molly, the glasses arrived intact and really fast. The only problem: we now have a hard copy of Mais oui!® which under Maggie's care could cost me future bottles of our favorite booze.

(Note to self: Plan on a visit to Montana soon.)

Mr. Lanfray, I will pour you a drink of our best absinthe and prove a fine tour guide. You were a perfect gentleman to two road-weary travelers, too blurry-eyed to talk coherently.

I'm having a glass of Kallnacher right now. I use to classify it as a nice enough drink, but nothing special. 

Right now, it really hits the spot. I almost even like it better than the glass of CLB I had earlier. Proof that taste is not only a matter of the product, sugar or not or previous experience, but also of the mood right now, which can change from day to day.

Having it without sugar, by the way. Lately, I've found myself becoming more and more of a non-sugar kind of guy.

"...which can change from day to day...." Perfect. I couldn't agree more.

Molly thank you for the lovely glasses.  :cheers:

I had no idea you were from the WS! I am glad you like them.

Anybody ordering glasses from me, please identify yourself so I know that you are to receive special treatment... ;)

We're having Old Fashions this evening. It is warm here, but next week we are looking at 105 degrees and stormy. ACK!

Tonight it's La Troublante & maybe some Marianne. :cheers:

I like the pig snout mask, Grim.
Me too. I'd like to borrow it so I can go hunt some truffles. :harhar:

Started with an Under Investigation (yadda yadda yadda, etc.) Ale from Lagunitas.

It's a very ordinary, almost clichedly hoppy, and one dimensional ale, very similar to Arrogant Bastard from Stone, only stronger.

Moved on to a wonderful, flowery Jasmine IPA from Elysian, which was the perfect choice to happily banish the taste of the former.

Starting off the day with a pitcher of Sangria.

I spent last night drinking wine then went to The Black Rider. I had front row seats just behind the band (the band was excellent). Very interesting play, I had some bizarre dreams last night.

Capriceuse tonight. After a dry spell it really hits the spot.

I found the bottle all alone in the corner and invited it out to play.

:cheers:

I'm going to work early in the morning tomorrow, so I was considering not to have a drink at all this evening.

On the other hand, to let Hiram's barfday pass without a drink seems kind of inappropriate. Hm, let me see, a glass of Ike, maybe? Yup, I think that would be just right.

Back when I used to spend time in Atlanta, it seemed to me the diet in those parts was usually Cisco, Crystal Meth and Steak and Shake, followed by a cruise in a big 4x4 around Town Center Mall.

In DC we call that the breakfast of Congressmen.

Tonight I think it will be a glass or 2 of a lovely blanche in honor of the natal day of our fearless leader.

To Hiram, who is teetering on the edge of the half-century pool. Jump right in, the water's fine.

:cheers:

Pete Townsend credited the Rémy VSOP in the liner notes of one of his solo albums. He thanked them, essentially, for making the stuff so "bloody expensive" that he couldn't afford to drink enough of it to fuck up recording the album.