DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Was in a kind of blah mood, so picked up an old favorite, Skullsplitter Orkney Ale. One of the best Scotch Wee Heavy ales around.

Rogue night to wash down a T-bone: Rogue Mocha Porter, Festive Ale and St. Rogue Red Ale. I passed on the Dead Guy Ale and Shakespeare Stout, only because I've had them before.

If that doesn't do us, there is a Sheaf Stout and a Chimay for dessert.

Artiste Winery:

Nelle Colline Superbarolo

80% Dolcetto

10% Barbera

10% Merlot

Straight from the Santa Ynez Wine Ghetto.

A six-pack of Stone IPA... two glasses of Macallan... a Prototype #27... and now a Bridgeport IPA.

Had one glass of Doubs this evening. Thought I'd give it a second chance. Frame of mind is important but it still reminded me of nyquil.

No! You have to be really drunk and stupid to like anything that tastes as bad as green Nyquil. Although, a green fairy does appear when I drink cherry-flavored Nyquil.

I think I'm allergic to something in Doubs, from 3 days experience of an instant headache. I hope it's just the dye and not something found in every absinthe. The latter would be quite a shame.

Finally a day with some sun again so... Took the liberty to enjoy a glass of old liqour in the garden.  :D

Looks good! Absenta Escat, 1920? yummmm

I see a spoon on the soucoupe, did you add sugar? And what's that slice of electric green on the left side of the picture? Almost looks like the side of a mari Mayans bottle.

Yes, I added half a cube to that glass. I've also had it without sugar and either way is lovely. I really do like my absinthe with sugar though. That green thingy is an ouraline carafe. :)

Personalities aside (including my own) have enjoyed enough of

Kyle's a fucking moron

's poduct to move on to pivo now. Am lamenting the fact that I've a lost my tomato plants to a June frost.

And the demise of the Sabres in the playoffs.

I'm having a glass of Kallnacher right now. I use to classify it as a nice enough drink, but nothing special.

Right now, it really hits the spot. I almost even like it better than the glass of CLB I had earlier. Proof that taste is not only a matter of the product, sugar or not or previous experience, but also of the mood right now, which can change from day to day.

Having it without sugar, by the way. Lately, I've found myself becoming more and more of a non-sugar kind of guy.

We have Kübler in our lovely glasses. A spring rain stopped us from peeling logs for Good Medicine Retreat. Might as well enjoy a nice beverage on the deck. Sorry to hear about your tomatos, Pan Buh. We are headed to the farmer's market tomorrow in hope of scoring fresh herbs and tomato plants for our garden. Last year I accused the deer of eating my tomatos then one afternoon I caught our dog helping himself to all the love apples he could eat. The goofy pup also eats raspberries off the cane.

Lord, I despise that stuff (Kallnacher).

I'm having a fine glass of 19 yr old McGibbon's Provenance (Summer Distillation) Spreyside Scotch. I wish I could get my hands on another bottle of this. It was distilled at the Dallas Dhu Distillery in 1981.

I'm having a double Ike Burger with cheese and some fries.

That Ike sure is weird. Tastes kind of like really delicious toothpaste.

Lord, I despise that stuff (Kallnacher).

Yerp. after revisiting it after I made favourable remarks about it the first time, I have concluded that I'm on crack. Funny thing is the Brut, which is made by the same distiller at the same distillery, is pretty good.

A six-pack of Stone IPA... two glasses of Macallan... a Prototype #27...  Marteau de Cerveau... a glass of vintage Pernod Fils... an HG clone... some Berger clone... a fine Blanche... and now a Bridgeport IPA.

What you really need to do is drink more. There's some Cossack somewhere in a remote village in Siberia that can still drink more than you, and I gave him your address...

I'm going to kick you in the nuts for sticking that vintage Pernod Fils right in the middle though. How can you take something so rare and distinct and stuff it in the middle of all that other stuff? It's like chasing caviar with a Mcdonald's Apple Pie. I'm just being mean (and jealous).

If I could pick one single malt though, it would be 18 year old Macallan. Good choice there.

If I could pick one bourbon, it would be Basil Hayden's. That goes down like water.