DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Thanks to a friend in Boston, we are trying our first bottle of Marteau, so far it stands apart from everything I have had to date :cheers:

Rye and diet coke or rye and Chartreuse V.E.P., or all three mixed together?

I'd say all three of those are good options, but I was specifically thinking of Rye with Chartreuse.

Try a Diamondback:

1 1/2 oz rye

3/4 oz applejack bonded

3/4 oz green chartreuse

Stir well and strain

garnish with cherry

Enjoy the complexity. :cheers:

It doesn't get much better. :thumbup: :cheers:

Not that it should at $35 a pop. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine lives in Belgium and just came back for a visit. He brought along with him 48 bottles from the Westveletren Abby :twitchsmile: :yahoo:

Edited by dillon

I managed to make it until now, but it's 5pm somewhere on this rock and it's too freakin' hot to not have a glass. So I'm having a glass. :biggrin:

I spent an hour pilaging a package of temporary tatoos. I now have little monsters of all sort all over. I can't be out when it's this hot, so it was time well spent. Giggle. I think I may make temp tats my new temporary hobby.....it does kinda grow on ya. :devil:

Consecration Ale (magnificent, as always), followed by Alaskan Raspberry Wheat, and Allagash White.

Neither one of the latter two was anything to write home about, but they were equally refreshing hot weather beers, so I can't complain.

Leopold Bro.s Small Batch American Whiskey. A great way to celebrate a nice day. :cheers:

Can't wait to try some of their spirits! I've only had their Three Pins Alpine Herbal so far, which of course was good.

A friend of mine lives in Belgium and just came back for a visit. He brought along with him 48 bottles from the Westveletren Abby :twitchsmile: :yahoo:

Getting in my car right now, I'll be there as soon as I can.

A blanche, Pacifique, Roquette 1797, and back on the 4th some Marteau BE, which I am warming up to quite nicely now that I have found a ratio to mellow its spiciness. :cheers: Its already-noted flexibility with water ratios is rather fun to play with and discover!

Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

But really I need to be packing!! Going to brew a beer up in Michigan tomorrow with New Holland Brewing!!

New Belgium's Eric's ale.

I had this on tap and it was pleasant, but on the wimpy side, as far as sour goes.

The bottled version is decidedly more puckery, and deep in peach flavor.

It's not Consecration, but it's delicious, very drinkable, and available here in East Bumfuck. :thumbup:

Started the evening off with a Hendrick's martini(with cucumber garnish). Then I had a little PF 1901.