DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My sympathies, Mr. Ziegfeld!
Thank you. I survived. It was a good evening and I'm celebrating my survival with a nice glass of cognac. :cheers:

Had a Manhattan earlier, Sazerac now, definitly some canadian beer later, celebrating early.

edit: (Note: rye whiskey used was also canadian, Centennial 10yr) :cheers:

Edited by Heavy Harpoon

finishing off some open bottles, Meadow of Love, Duplais Blanche, Walton Waters. Not by myself, my wife is always eager to help out in such matters :laugh:

Cantillon Classic Geueze for me .. without the aid of a corkscrew :|

Took 45 minutes to get the cork out .. errr, well, out of the way so the beer could come out.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg293/scaled.ph...0&ysize=640

And the end state:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg227/scaled.ph...0&ysize=640

CORK and geueze everywhere. But, it was worth it. Yes, I wore those goggles ... geueze was going everywhere! :P

Edited by odiedog52

My wife has never knowingly tasted an alcoholic beverage, and we get along very well. Every guy who has a non-drinking wife should have as much support and encouragement as I get from Karen. She has gone above and beyond in her quest to keep me adequately supplied. :cheers: to my Karen!

Finally tried Charteuse V.e.p last night and compared it to regular Charteuse. Had some Jade N.O. as well and some blanche. My special lady, my brother, his wifeoid and her sister were all there too. :cheers:

Finally tried Charteuse V.e.p last night and compared it to regular Charteuse.

...and?! Verdict?

Had shashlik ala Boggy and many absinthes. Happy 4th to all! (Including all our English friends who are probably very thankful that the rowdies across the pond severed their governmental associations with the Motherland so long ago.)

:cheers:

...and?! Verdict?

In my experience, it's considerably softer and smoother with a hint of oak.

If only it were less sweet.

We celebrated the 4th with lots of gin, absinthe, ale, badmitten and capped the evening off by shooting Attack Accountant with an artillery shell.

We celebrated the 4th going to a couple nephew's birthday party at my sister's place. Watched very civilized and polite games of volleyball and drinking cool water. Well, I did sneak in a sip of pepsi but just one.

I saw the volleyball net and recoiled in horror I thought the thing is was a badmitten net. Precious talked me down. I'm much better now. ;)

Hope you heal well AA. :cheers:

Had a few glasses of Pacifique and Kübler last night... they went down exceptionally well. Hope everyone had a happy 4th. I start my new job tomorrow morning so I think I'll be laying off the absinthe till the weekend, so I had a wonderful sendoff.

...and?! Verdict?

In my experience, it's considerably softer and smoother with a hint of oak.

If only it were less sweet.

A lot softer, about half as ethereal...but the flavor was quite nice. Meant to have some last night, but I was in my girlfriend's father's home and he's not a drinker so it just didn't feel right. I cracked the guy up a few times this weekend and didn't want to spoil it.

As far as the sweetness of the Chartreuse goes, I was using diet coke and so it all balanced out all right. Right Jules? :devil:

Lots (and lots) of Baker's bourbon last night. Not sure if I have it in me to drink some more of it tonight, but I guess we shall see. Hope all had a great 4th!