DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Random question, how much water exactly is a splash?

That's why Robert Hess is all about precise measurements! "Juice from half lemon" and "splash of soda" are almost completely useless, since the balance can be thrown off by going even a hair too much or too little.

Edit: And with that post, I've apparently passed the milestone for "Absinthe Geek."

Edit: And with that post, I've apparently passed the milestone for "Absinthe Geek."

Are those the strains of Also Sprach Zarathustra I hear?

Deschutes Hop in the Dark Cascadian IPA.

This is the first Black IPA I've really liked (a lot!)

Intensely hoppy, and just as intensely roasty, but it also manages to be smooth, creamy, and wonderfully drinkable with a beautiful balance, and lots of grapefruit, toffee, dates, figs, and a subtle spiciness woven into the mix. Highly recommended!

Gin and Tonic on this fine rain free day. :)

90°F today.....well it was a little warmer. The humidity was just right, it was equal to the temp. :devil:

:cheers:

Deschutes Hop in the Dark Cascadian IPA.

This is the first Black IPA I've really liked (a lot!)

Intensely hoppy, and just as intensely roasty, but it also manages to be smooth, creamy, and wonderfully drinkable with a beautiful balance, and lots of grapefruit, toffee, dates, figs, and a subtle spiciness woven into the mix. Highly recommended!

It's not a Black IPA .. it's a Cascadian Dark Ale! They don't like the name Black IPA as it doesn't really make sense, so they came up with CDA. :)

Some old friends came by last night and we drank too much beer. Several varieties. What a grand evening for a change.

Good friends are good for the soul.

Cheers!

Started the weekend with Walton Waters 10-14 in my newly acquired antique cordon glass from Marc, what a great combo., finishing the night with Pacifique, another great combo. Tomorrow, why fix something that's not broken. ;)