DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

oh, snap. :poke:

I'm never going to live that one down, am I? I HAD some credible stories, where I knew the people that things happened to, that beat the hell out of lobster lies.

But nope, never gonna share!

Wow, what a lineup.  I have seen some of those in stores around here but stayed away (I am ashamed to say) because the labels looked cheap.  The Dead Guy is not one of their IPA's I see but it was very hoppy.  I am curious about the Brutal Bitter and the Trafalger.  I have seen the latter here in MT but very expensive.  I bet the Chammomile is good too.

Try the Hazlenut Brown Nectar in the bottle (not a fan of it on tap). Grab a Hoppy Frog if you want a "bright" IPA

I spent the weekend with some Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel and Stone Imperial Russian Stout. I need to switch back to sour beer. I have a special bottle waiting my attention.

Dogfish Head Golden Shower Imperial Pilsner.

I'm not normally a fan of lager/pilsner-style beers, but this is soundling like something I need to try. It sounds like a good warm-weather beer.

The last few weeks, I've not had much time to reallly keep up with my drinking; and have been sticking with a few good old standbys. I have managed to get through a few new things; however.

Unibroue Blanche de Chambly, and two of the Ephemeres - cranberry and apple. Apple was good, if a bit light. Cranberry was... bad. I can't think of a way to describe why, but it was more than just disliking it. Not vile, but bad enough to sink. Blanche de Chambly was way too light, even for a wheat beer. I'm less impressed by their lighter beers, and think they should just stick with the darker, stronger Belgians, since that seems to be their particular forte.

Paulaner Hefeweitzen. A good German hefeweitzen, fruity and yeasty. A little too out of it to try and describe it; but it's good if you like the German-style wheat beers.

Kindzmaurali semi-sweet red. This is from Georgia - as in Eastern Europe, not the US. The home of Josef Stalin. One of the oldest wine-making countries in the world, using one of the oldest grape varieties, the Saperavi. It was recommended to me by a Russian Jew friend, and is now one of my favorites. I don't normally care for most reds, and the few I like tend to be sweeter. This has a great balance between the sweetness and the tannins, so it's not cloying, and not too astringent. The nose and flavour are strongly of black fruits, mainly plum and black cherry, with a peppery finish. Not overly soft, like a merlot; nor overly tannic, like a cabernet. They also make a dry version; which I picked up but haven't tried yet.

Last night I tried what is one of the oddest beers I've ever encountered. Reineart Flemish Wild Ale. This is a traditional ale from Flanders; and is brewed with two strains of wild yeast. It's in the style of a light Trippel with the expected maltiness, combined with a grassy, herbal nose. The flavour continues the grassy note, and adds a slight mustiness; followed by a hint of dandelion and and other wild plants. Lightly sweet to start, there's a touch of the sourness typical of a Flemish ale, but it never becomes tart. The finish is crisp and mostly clean, but with a lingering green mustiness. A friend described it as tasting "like a farmyard", and I find that to be the best one-word description.

Since Jack's not here no more, I guess I'll have to point out that the company sez:

a small group of people . . . are going to find a Golden Shower and try it and we're pretty sure they are going to like it.

Yes, the Cuff has $1.50 Golden Showers on Urine Cup Tuesdays.

http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Limited_Ed...er/43/index.htm

Oh, and I'm drinkin' nuthin. And I ain't got no kitchen, neither, so what I'm eatin' ain't nearly so grand as Pussy's dinner.

Is this The Cuff in Seattle, on Capitol Hill? If so, I live about a block from there, so I'll probably stop in and try it sometime soon.

Dogfish Head Golden Shower Imperial Pilsner.

Unibroue Blanche de Chambly, and two of the Ephemeres - cranberry and apple. Apple was good, if a bit light. Cranberry was... bad. I can't think of a way to describe why, but it was more than just disliking it. Not vile, but bad enough to sink. Blanche de Chambly was way too light, even for a wheat beer. I'm less impressed by their lighter beers, and think they should just stick with the darker, stronger Belgians, since that seems to be their particular forte.

I don't like the Ephemere, either. I haven't tried the cranberry, but the apple just isn't my cup of tea. It's too dainty. It doesn't have any of the richness that the other Unibroues I've tried have.

I'll 3rd that. However, I'm a big fan of the Blanche de Chambly. I like it's light taste.

But for lighter wheat beer, it's been topped. They don't bottle it (yet) but lately I've fell in love with Denison's Weissbier which is brewed at Mill St. in Toronto by the orignal brewmaster now that Denison's Weizen closed. Very strong banana and clove taste...it's beautiful. A new favourite.

Finally a day with some sun again so... Took the liberty to enjoy a glass of old liqour in the garden.  :D

Looks good! Absenta Escat, 1920? yummmm

I see a spoon on the soucoupe, did you add sugar? And what's that slice of electric green on the left side of the picture? Almost looks like the side of a mari Mayans bottle.

Been a week or so since I was able to drink. So, tonight it's Ike and Jade NO. A bit of a contrast but they both louche quite nice.

They feel, look and taste terrific.

:cheers:

It'll be Doubs for me later tonight.

No sugar necessary. I have well over 200 cubes to use. They're filling up the freezer.

:cheers:

Mmmm...fajitas...

I think I am going to join T73 in a Prado, followed by the last of my La Valote. After that Arak or Absente.. :(

Don't have to worry about work in the am..

Took it off for mine and my daughters b'day.