DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Mezcal :devil: I'll have to try the Pechuga first next time to see if it's as outstanding as my impression now. After the smokiness of the Tobala it shows as a most delightful mezcal. Opted to get this with the basket weave container, at this price you shouldn't have to pay extra for it, and now THIS is the bottle of mezcal I will hide from view.

As mentioned, via PM elsewhere, I've ordered another bottle of Pechuga and I've switched to the cheap(er) choice. Finally opened my bottle of Jade VS (9/07), and found it great at both 3:1 and 4:1. Beginning to look like an epic day, maybe I'll open my Eddy; finally. Do I open the beleaguered Mars '08 or the newer Sep '09?

Edited by techdiver

Done with meetings today, so doing some reviews of Alandia products. I updated reviews of Epoque and Maison Alandia, and will be posting reviews of Suisse Verte Clandestine and Republique in the coming hour.

Links will be provided in the appropriate Absinthe Brand Discussion threads.

Picked up Absinthe Duplais Verte; my second true absinthe. I am enjoying the heck out of it.

Edited by FAJ

As per a recommendation, I opened the Mars '08 and while the color could be better, the louche, taste, etc. are perfectly acceptable at 3:1, 4:1 next. All in all, very good. :cheers:

Waterstone wine, brought by our guest from California. Very nice. (and I'm not typically a California wine fan)

A glass of La Clandestine while watching the USA try to sneak one past the Czech Rep. Gotta have the roster all straightened out so we can concentrate on tripping up the English on June 12!!! Go U.S.A.! :cheers:

Come to think of it, maybe I'll have one during each half...

REALLY wanting some Basil Hayden's 8 year old bourbon. Tried it for the first time in California over the weekend.

Instead, I've just put some Deschutes Twilight Summer Ales in the fridge for later.

Today is a rainy day so i am thinking some Lagavulin will compliment it nicely, however Odie now has me thinking about trying some new bourbon, so i guess it will come down to if I end up going out to the store or not.

The rain is coming down in such a manner that it has bested all other noises and everything smells of fresh air and clean water. :heart:

Mom and I hung sun and sight blocking cloth around the front porch yesterday. There are now 2 chairs and a small table sitting out there so one may enjoy a smoke and drink regardless of the weather. An added bonus, the table has small holes drilled into it for easy cribbage games.

So, I'm loving the rain and drinking some Pacifique.

:cheers:

It has been brutally humid here today. Had a couple Knickerbockers, then some green absinthe and now I'm finishing the night with a whisky drink, made like a sazerac but with angostura and an aged CC, absinthe used was Clandestine. :)

The rain is coming down in such a manner that it has bested all other noises and everything smells of fresh air and clean water. :heart:

Mom and I hung sun and sight blocking cloth around the front porch yesterday. There are now 2 chairs and a small table sitting out there so one may enjoy a smoke and drink regardless of the weather. An added bonus, the table has small holes drilled into it for easy cribbage games.

So, I'm loving the rain and drinking some Pacifique.

Wow! You are most definitely in a different part of the PNW from I!

I have been sampling a few different Absinthes tonight, but I must confess that my mind has been lingering upon my first flight yesterday evening.

First flight not as in through the air, but as in having my first Aviation Cocktails. And these, haunting as they were, were only an approximation: having maraschino liquer but no violet. Still, surprisingly to this very limited gin drinker's palate, very very tasty.

Aye! I have already ordered the supplies to make them myself; this time including the violet!

Addendum: I have one unopened bottle of Pacifique remaing. I will break the seal on it when I bring the the mobile Absinthe den to my parents' home for the celebration of my father's 72nd birthday. My parents have no experience of Absinthe. My father is excited for the anise flavour as he does much like Ouzo. I plan to serve (in no particular order, but with an explanation of style and origin of each) Obsello, Pacifique, DP WW, DP MOL, and LB. My apologies, but I will not be in possession the The Marteau until after the celebration. Initially I thought of adding a few other common Absinthes to broaden the selection, but then I thought, after we are into the DP & LB, why bother?

I apologize if my opinions are too strong. This is a celebration, after all.

Qm. J, I'm about 3 hours to the south of you....but in the PNW, it doesn't take going very far and you can be somewhere quite different weather wise. It's a nice sleepy little valley that used to get by far more rain than we do now, at least it still rains. :)

Having some mocha coffee, still enjoying those clouds.

:cheers: all

Stone Ruination IPA.

After all the thick, copper colored Imperial IPAs I've fondly imbibed, it's always a pleasure to return to this very clean and spicy, pilsener malted version that really lets those massive floral hops shine through. :thumbup:

You know, Abs, that description is so full of color and delight. Makes me want to try it someday! :cheers:

For now, it's English Harbour 5 year old. Dang tasty.

Thunder, lightning, rain, wind and a glass of Jade Edouard.... with candles even. Giggle

A sense of contentment I can rarely top. May everyone's night be touch by that energy.

Ahh, that sounds nice!

I'm having a glass of some green wormwoody goodness.

A Bijou with some nice gin while I was cooking dinner. Sipping a cup of tea after dinner, waiting for the rain to stop so we can take this crazy dog out for his walk.