DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Somebody or better yet, everybody please drink a verte for me as I am stuck on an ambulance all weekend as always. :3869-sadbanana: Why must we work to pay for our vices?

Sipping a martini!

...I wonder if I can muster up some drunk posts!?! :devil:

Why must we work to pay for our vices?

I think I can empathize with this.

Ok Absomphe.....

Dropped off an empty Apple Whiskey barrel at New Belgium. Lauren, the Master Brewer of their sour beer program (if she doesn't have that title, she should...holy cow, is she good. No lab work: she does it all by taste, just like I do) is going to use it for a Saison that she is delivering to a well-known Bourbon bar in Chicago.

She promised to peel off a few bottles for me, so stay tuned. We're dropping off a Blackberry Whiskey barrel next week.......

Avery and Leopold's are still trying to get their act together (we're both super busy), so we'll see where that heads soon enough.

WHOA. That sounds AWESOME.

Poor Avery though, their last barrel aged series beer Black Tot (oatmeal stout aged in Goslings rum barrels) ended up getting infected and turning super sour. Woops. But, the standup guy Adam is, said to anyone with a bad bottle to empty them and ship them back and they'd be taken care of. I love great customer service like that.

Your Apple Whiskey and Blackberry Whiskey sounds amazing .. definitely gonna have to get me a bottle of that soon.

Got into LA last night for the Mutineer Event .. a house full of every alcohol imaginable .. started with beer, then to wine, champagne, then ended with Basil Haydens. It was a good night. Now, waking up with a sugar free Red Bull.

:pirate:

Green Flash Barleywine.

Toffee, raisins, and HOPS!!!!!!!

This is even hoppier than Pizza Port 15, or Moylan's Hopsickle.

Not that this is bad thing, oh no. :pirate:

OGD BIB.

Had some grain stew earlier.

Water is next.

ps. Haven;t had jerk in a long time. Hmmm.

Edited by dakini_painter

Enjoying a Manhattan :thumbup: while I watch the Flyers take apart the Canadiens. :thumbdown:

:yahoo: :thumbup: :harhar: Go Flyers! Sorry about the blatant display of enthusiasm.

Edited by techdiver

A hendrick's martini with peppered cukes and a touch of salt.

Might fine.

Finished the evening with something from the beer cellar: a Firestone 13th Anniversary. A bit syrupy, but heavy on oak, caramel, dark fruits, roasted malts and bourbon. A wonderful end to the evening.

Ska Sour Pale Ale. Had no idea what to expect with this one, just saw it on the shelf a while back and grabbed it. It's exactly what they say it is, a pretty big pale ale, good balance of malt and hops, with a sour edge to it. It worked better than I expected, I didn't think the bitter and sour would go that well but the sour was light enough that it was pretty good. I won't buy another, but enjoyed this one.

Enjoying a Manhattan :thumbup: while I watch the Flyers take apart the Canadiens. :thumbdown:

Well, jeez, Bob, not that I believe in magical thinking, but...

Maybe you should've mixed a C&C for better results! :tongue: :cheers:

Woke up to Firestone Walker Parabola with breakfast. Awesome.

Was just drinking champagne .. working on Russian River Consecration now. Patron Anejo earlier. Margaritas about an hour ago. Dude we have sooo much alcohol here at Mutineer HQ.. and another truckload just rolled in not too long ago:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg25/scaled.php...0&ysize=640

Life is good :)

:pirate:

Edited by odiedog52

After a hard day of manual labor (loading and spreading mulch on my entire front yard), I've had 1/2 bottle of Dog Point Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, an Orange You Nuts (1.5 oz vanilla vodka, 1 oz Dumante, and 5 oz TJ's Sparkling Clementine), a Rogue Honey Orange Wheat (skip it), and a few other on-the-spot made-up concoctions. Now I'm smoking a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle and LOVING IT!!! :cheers:

That sounds so good!

We're all sipping a glass of brandy and discussing the day's events. It's been a fine (but very long) day.

Something tall, cool and very refreshing. Mmmmmmm

To Fridays, :cheers:

How was the louche?

I'm having a tasty verte, but the damn label fell off.

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Fritz and Ken's Ale (Imperial Stout, actually).

The nose isn't spectacular...it's phenolic and powdery with some nice roast creeping in at the back end.

However, it's all uphill from there. The body is heavyish, rich, velvety, and creamy with excellent head retention, and very soft carbonation.

The flavor is definitely on the roasty side, virtually exploding with espresso, smoked bacon, deep, dark chocolate, dates/figs/plums/ raisins, mocha fudge, and a really huge nuttiness (mainly pecans, and walnuts), and also more than a hint of smokiness and even ash. The balance is almost impeccable, which is no mean feat, considering all that's going on here.

There are more than ample, resinous hops in the decadently long finish, although they meld so well with the roatiness that they're hardly overpowering.

The feathering of the head, as well as the lacing, is quite impressive, and the complex interplay of bitter and sweet, hoppyand dry, and fruity and nutty (hey, this is a California Imperial Stout, after all :twitchsmile:) make this one a rare treat, and certainly my all-time favorite Sierra Nevada brew. I think if this were aged in an Islay single malt scotch barrel for about three months, the result would be nothing short of phenomenal.