DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

There were a few of us in Portland after the Marteau launch that had dinner and sampled several infused whiskeys. They all seemed very nice. I had a grand time.....well, that's what I was told the next day. :twitchsmile:

Opened a V.S 1898 tonight, very different, I'm thinking wormwood right upfront and in your face, including the aroma. I'll wait intill next friday for a final comment on the absinthe brand discussion forum

I'm sipping a blanche that really doesn't need the sugar I added. Pretty damn good.

Leopold's Apple and Peach Whiskey. Some turn their nose up at the idea of an infused whiskey, but not after trying some. Lighten up, and enjoy the craft.
Excellent advice. Fun? Yes. Absolutely delicious? Oh hell, yes! Wonderful beverages. :cheers:
There were a few of us in Portland after the Marteau launch that had dinner and sampled several infused whiskeys. They all seemed very nice. I had a grand time.....well, that's what I was told the next day.
That was a fun time. I hope Gwydion invites us to his next launching. And I hope it's damn soon, too.

Had a nice Chocolate Yeti Imperial Stout on tap at Great Divide. Raised a glass to Absomphe. Then, a Gibson at the Grand Hyatt in Denver with Leopold's Gin. Wonderful evening.

Cheers, WS.

A couple glasses of La Fee Parisienne after some spicy chinese. Yes yes it is an artificial radiator coolant color but it tastes like licorice candy, a wonderful desert to follow a spicy meal. mmmmmmmmmmm shun me if you must, but i like it for what it is.

Edited by m.a.mccullough

I hope Gwydion invites us to his next launching. And I hope it's damn soon, too.

Ditto that! Except the soon part. If he could delay any launch until he's checked my schedule of availability, that would be swell. :laugh:

Leopold's Gin

More stuff to buy. Woe is me.

Kind of a record for me, in reverse that is. Two glasses of Nouvelle Orleans in 3 hours. Sipped very, very slowly. Wow, I'd forgotten how enjoyable that can be, without distractions, just focusing on the glass and the drink. FTW!

Had a nice Chocolate Yeti Imperial Stout on tap at Great Divide. Raised a glass to Absomphe.

Had an Avery Maharaja yesterday, and raised a glass to you, Todd, and wondered (patiently, of course) :laugh: about what's going on in those barrels. :cheers:

Thinking about enjoying a nice scotch tonight, or trying out a bottle of St. George single malt but then agian i would probably better enjoy that in the colder seasons so maybe ill stick to my daily absinthe. Hopefully my shipment of Libertine will be waiting for me when i get home so I can try that out.

My first glass of Belle Amie!

I am jelous. I have yet to try Belle Amie and I can't find it in stock anywhere that also sells other bottles I want to try.

Have you tried subbing it for Lillet Blanc in any cocktails, Brian?

Not yet, but that is indeed on the agenda. This coming weekend will probably see abundant usage as Doyle is blowing through town.

Jules and I had a glass of PF 1910 with The Punk and The Girlfriend for a combination Mother's Day and Happy Birthday toast. Both the Punk and the GF have birthdays this week and both were delighted with their bottles of Leopold's Peach and Apple Whiskey. I also had a small glass of Leopold's Small Batch Whiskey...I would have a cask of that!

Ending the night with a small glass of Benedictine. :cheers: , Friends.

Jules and I had a glass of PF 1910 with The Punk and The Girlfriend for a combination Mother's Day and Happy Birthday toast. Both the Punk and the GF have birthdays this week and both were delighted with their bottles of Leopold's Peach and Apple Whiskey. I also had a small glass of Leopold's Small Batch Whiskey...I would have a cask of that!

Ending the night with a small glass of Benedictine. :cheers: , Friends.

Congrats to everyone in the Legate household, sounds like much to celebrate. Oh yeah, I ended my day with Benedictine as well! :cheers:

You and your family know how to live Joe, you really know how to live.

Kind words, indeed.

It is our good fortune to have a close, loving family and many wonderful friends. Life is very good. :cheers:

A couple mango mojitos to celebrate the end of finals grading and this hectic semester.