DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Leopold Bros. American Small Batch Whiskey, barrel #2. Now THIS is corn likker! I made the mistake of pouring a little Buffalo Trace to try along with it for comparison. Well, there is no comparison, and now I'm lost to find any nuance in either. The LB is sour mash corn whiskey, the aroma immediately takes me back to the white dog sample I was fortunate to taste a few months ago. A splash of water and it's even bigger. All I'm getting from the BT now is sweet barrel sugar, so my palate (already poor) is completely shot.

Glad you got ahold of a bottle. It's going fast. Maybe we should've charged more?!

BTW, it's technically a Bourbon. It's just that pot distillation really brings the corn to the fore. Something about boiling all that corn for 6 hours instead of for just a few seconds....which is what happens with column distillation, which is how that Buffalo Trace is distilled.

I love Buffalo Trace, too. Especially Blanton's.

The penultimate Absomphesized™ glass of the Berger clone.

Man, the wormwood must have taken refuge in the bottom of the bottle cuz this stuff is tasting even more assertive in that department than the Besançon!

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Mmmm, Benedictine. I'm a fan. :wave2:

Sipping on a glass of Leopold's Michigan Tart Cherry Liqueur with a bit of ice and a tiny splash of club soda. This is delicious and SO refreshing! :cheers:

Blanchette, Helfrich Verte, and some mystery blanche(probably La Ptite) as I prep the salmon and veggies along with the Dead Boys live at CBGBs 1977--on video. This post is also intended to cover the Cookin' Tonight, Listening to Music, and Watching Movies threads as well.....it's just easier to put it all here than post the same damn thing in all the threads and let you watch as my typing ability deteriorates :no: .

Assuaging the brain draining of a days waging,

A battle against the stress now time to decompress,

The best medicine to fight being annoyed,

A healthy measure of 10-year Laphroaig!

A local reporter just posted an article on my guitar shop

You really can't ask for better press than that. It's a great spotlight article.

Cheers!

There's almost certainly a name for this drink, I just don't know it. Pretty basic cocktail, it just felt right.

-1 part brandy

-1/2 part Grand Marnier

-1/2 part sweet vermouth

-2 dashes of my own orange bitters (they're spicier than Regan's)

Stirred, strained into cocktail glass and garnished with a maraschino cherry. The orange flavor of the GM is still there but more subtle and without that cloying sweetness, quite enjoyable!

Edited by Heavy Harpoon

Right now, a Simpler Times Pilsner to accompany the soy glazed pot-stickers with chili garlic sauce.

Earlier had some Pacifique, and some Vieux Carre, and some Duplais Verte, and some Mansinthe. I think that's all for tonight...well, maybe a nightcap...