DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I like it enough that I have 5 gallons of a clone in a keg downstairs(and just got a glass).

Then again I like Don De Dieu and wish I could clone it.

Slow cooked a bunch of veggies on the grill with mesquite,

drank some smoked, maple porters.

Then smoked some olives (thanks to The Prol for the idea)

then smoked a couple pears for dessert, with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce (with a wee touch of chipotle sauce in it).

Finished the night with blanches on the porch.

The coolest moment of tonight was while Glassy and I were sitting on the porch and looking up into a very dark sky,

a bunch of birds (5 or 6) flew just over the house and were illuminated by the streetlights. It seemed like they moved in slow motion, but the brightness of their casual flying contrasted against the dark sky was wonderful, and it only lasted for a couple seconds. One of those gorgeous, had to be there, moments.

Dogfish Head Golden Shower Imperial Pilsner.

Despite its offputting name (unless you're kinkier than I) it's really tasty.

It was allegedly brewed with continual, intermitant hopping during the boil, and it has the scent of a heavily dry hopped brew, as well, being very reminiscent of the 120 Minute IPA, only lighter on the palate, and less alcoholic in the nose, and aftertaste.

There is plenty of citrus imparted by the hops, and the aromatics seem to indicate East Kent Golding hops, as they do in the IPA.

It's more ale-like than most pilsners, but eminantly quaffable, with more than enough sweetness from the malt to back up the hops.

Since Jack's not here no more, I guess I'll have to point out that the company sez:

a small group of people . . . are going to find a Golden Shower and try it and we're pretty sure they are going to like it.

Yes, the Cuff has $1.50 Golden Showers on Urine Cup Tuesdays.

http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Limited_Ed...er/43/index.htm

Oh, and I'm drinkin' nuthin. And I ain't got no kitchen, neither, so what I'm eatin' ain't nearly so grand as Pussy's dinner.

Arak and mint.

I wish I could get me some of that Dogfish. Has anyone tried "Dead Guy?" I tried it in a restaurant in Medford OR a few days ago. It tasted like an IPA but the lame server could give me no infomation. When I asked for an IPA he suggested Fat tire, Trout Slayer, and Black Butte Porter.

Wow, what a lineup. I have seen some of those in stores around here but stayed away (I am ashamed to say) because the labels looked cheap. The Dead Guy is not one of their IPA's I see but it was very hoppy. I am curious about the Brutal Bitter and the Trafalger. I have seen the latter here in MT but very expensive. I bet the Chammomile is good too.

:P Ah, A no workie day!Looks Like it'll gona be Ike over the BBQ with son #1 and his SO

All have a great Mem Day! B)

Stomp, was your fountain made well(joint, spigots,etc?)Mine was, just curious if the good quality construction is still going on... :)

The Dead Guy is not one of their IPA's I see but it was very hoppy.  I am curious about the Brutal Bitter and the Trafalger. 

I haven't tried the Tralfalger, but the Brutal Bitter's bark is worse than its bite.

As far as Northwest IPA's go, it's tamer than some, (La Conner IPA comes to mind) but there are definitely enough hops to make it a great summer thirst quencher.

I'm a night owl and my sleep cycles change daily. I can only wonder what the folks at SavOn think when I buy wine or beer at 10AM!

Strangely, the only thing that helps my Fibromyalgia is booze. After a surgery several years ago, not even the morphine drip helped me. No meds help...I've tried, believe me.

I don't get plastered...just enough to kill the neuro pain. It's pretty wack, but it works. Of course, I never ever drive. No freakin' way! I'm on my own, so I need to watch it.

I ride the short bus.

Evening Ladies and Gents.

Had a great cook out with the family today (instead of tomarrow)  with the usual hamburgers, brauts (steamed in beer, then grilled), Kegstand Biohazard baked beans, apple pie and home made icecream.

I'm relaxing with a Hefe while starting an all night mash. Tomarrow I'm brewing three batches of beer. Saison, Cream Ale and 75 Schlitz clone.

No absinthe tonight. Last night I got pretty blitzed while reading. I'm backing off toinght.

And and early Happy Memorial Day, especially well wishes to those who have served, or are in service now. Prayers for a safe return for those over seas.

I lied, I brewed four batches.

In addition to the above mentioned three I made a batch of American Pale Ale.

Great brew day. Started around 9am (slept late) and finished cleaning up before 7pm. The Saison and Cream Ale already have kreussen on them. The APA was pitched with dry yeast and will take 24 hrs to get cranking. The lager might take 24hrs since it is in the refrigerator at 50F.

Finished the day with a glass of nice summerly Absinthe and chuck roast with rice and mixed vegetables.

Now I'm having a glass of porter.

Ever considered writing a book, Le Gimp?

Seriously.

Spent the day working on Maggie's pergola in the forest. Celebrated with a glass of Jade Eddy and Kübler and a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. Yep, livin' life large. ;)

...just enough to kill the neuro pain. 

I'm all about absinthe as a medicinal. I find it quite effective on neuro pain. Especially after a hard, fun day spent building a retreat on The Ridge.

Auguru, perhaps one Hope Chest popping out of the other hope chest? Kinda like a birthday cake only different.