DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Of course, when they're gone, I might just have to Head East in July. :biggrin:

There's a disturbance in the force...

Washing down cold chicken with beer. Kona Coffee beer.

Evil Dead opens Thursday and then life slowly begins to return to normal.

Of course, when they're gone, I might just have to Head East in July.
I'll save at least three bottles for July 24. If you show, we'll drink'em together. If you don't, I'm still ahead. :cheers:

Speaking of chicken and beer...

Ye Olde Cock Ale

cockale.jpg

Take 10 gallons of ale and a large cock, the older the better; parboil the cock, flay him, and stamp him in a stone mortar until his bones are broken (you must gut him when you flay him). Then, put the cock into two quarts of sack, and put to it five pounds of raisins of the sun – stoned; some blades of mace, and a few cloves. Put all these into a canvas bag, and a little before you find the ale has been working, put the bag and ale together in vessel...(cont.)

What am I drinking tonight? What is this, the Mr. Pibb Society? ABSINTHE, of course!

Pacifique and Mansinthe.

I'm a pig about the process, though. Crushed ice, add the green, fill with H2O.

I wait until the ice melts before I knock it back. Sometimes. Heh. Oink.

Last night I was drinking St. Germain while puting a short list together to order.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems there isn't a bottle of Marteau to be ordered from, like, ANYWHERE. :thumbdown:

Don't suppose anyone has an ETA on when it may become available again??

Coffee at the moment and have no idea what I may be drinking this evening.

An experimental afternoon. All unsweetened and overwatered by one measure more than usual. CLB, EIII, PF1901, WW, and MoL. The 2 that suffered were EIII and PF1901. Seems the last of the PF1901 has developed a somewhat estery aroma. Also note, the DP's seem to be maintaining a great color despite having been open since my birthday. Though they are kept in the dark. :mellow:

Edited by techdiver

CLB going down nice tonight. Been hanging out with the family a bit after several busy days, so I celebrate. Jeremy is gearing up for Provincial Honour Band on Saturday, but today is ours.

I hope everyone is having as awesome an evening as I am having. :cheers:

Last night I was drinking St. Perhaps it's just me, but it seems there isn't a bottle of Marteau to be ordered from, like, ANYWHERE. :thumbdown:

Don't suppose anyone has an ETA on when it may become available again??

I've not been paid for Marteau Absinthe since I started making it in the US a year and a half ago. It has been out of production for over a year, and out of the market for many months, as the last of the stocks dwindled. This is due to circumstances beyond my control, best resolved by the respective parties' attorneys. Suffice it to say that except a very small advance last spring, equal to one month of our rent, I have received literally no money for Marteau since it was launched.

Marteau has been out of the market in most places for quite a while. It won't be long now, but I had to re-submit my federal paperwork after changing distilleries.

Marteau's formula approval (new distillery = new paperwork) got rejected last week because it contains too much thujone. True fact.

Damned addictive artisanal la bleue again. :dribble:

Is it strictly a VdT production? Otherwise you're walking on thin ice, buddy!

Damned addictive artisanal la bleue again. :dribble:

I an awesome anonymous la bleue somewhat recently- with fruity, almost apple notes (not to mention a great inviting aroma). Ring a bell?

Edited by Green Baron

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems there isn't a bottle of Marteau to be ordered from, like, ANYWHERE. :thumbdown:

I was shopping for single malt last night, and noticed that K&L reports they have 12 bottles of Marteau in stock at various locations.

(Talisker 18 yr. and Lagavulin 12 yr. cask strength on the way! :thumbup: )

I an awesome anonymous la bleue somewhat recently- with fruity, almost apple notes (not to mention a great inviting aroma). Ring a bell?

I assume you mean had? ;)

The fruity, almost apple-y notes sound spot on, but even more prominent is a marshmallow/vanilla characteristic quite similar to Stefano's sadly never-to-be-released La Grenouille.

That would be the one (I think it was preceded by another excellent blanche which smelled like pine). If my local distillers could get a blanche like that on the shelves, I could see it instantly becoming a must have staple. Regardless of any VdT lawyering :mbanana: .

Edited by Green Baron

VdT

:::shudder:::

Sorry, for some reason Verte de Tansy just came to mind.

Where's that Sign of the Cross emoticon when you need one? :dead:

Thanks for the info on Marteau.

Starting a batch of lemoncellos to take to the hotsprings.

:cheers: all

P.S. Bottle ordered, thank you bksmithey!

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Started with Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout, then a Feni Caiparinha, then a Jade Eddy from 2005 or so, and finished with a PF1901 from 2006. A mighty fine night to celebrate the last day of the week of hell (i.e. the week of April 15th, which tends to be one of my busiest weeks of the year).

A martini. I don't remember what gin I used, but I know it wasn't Port of Barcelona.
Man, I'm very sorry for your loss :thumbdown:

As for me, it's been a glass of Pacifique, followed by some Old Mill rum and now a shot of Jack. And I just finished listening to Blondie's covers of 'Heroes' and 'Ring of Fire'. I'm debating on whether or not to crash into the '80s Video Dance Attack. I should try to finish a short story instead, but my guess is that I'll bail on both and watch some delightfully cheesy movie or other. Kate Beckinsale's wardrobe in 'Underworld' is starting to gain some traction...

Started with a gin and tonic. Almost poured it out. :thumbdown:

Next up was a very pleasant Sazerac. Tasty! :thumbup:

Moved on to some Armagnac. Interesting but didn't hit the spot. Meh, perhaps another time.

Last drink tonight is a Sidecar. Very refreshing. *smile*

Cheers!