DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I'm sitting here imagining drinking the Apostelwein 1727 I saw on Oxy's site. What I am actually drinking at the moment is Sun Rype apple juice.

Made up a batch of falernum last week and have been playing with it. First gin, then rum, then aquavit; all successful. Tonight it'll be bourbon's turn.

A blanche. It was thin and low in anise, wormwood and fennel. It didn't louche.

Maybe it was the power louche, hmmm. Could have been the wrong bottle. <shrug>

:cheers:

:devil:

Just drinking coffee trying to wake myself a bit. :closedeyes:

(Time here in Sweden right now is 4:23 AM and another "hard" day is ahead.)

Yeah, I had a tough time sleeping the other night and was up at 4:30. Decided I needed something to go with my morning cigar. Must admit it was the first time I found myself drinking scotch to start the day.

Yeah, I had a tough time sleeping the other night and was up at 4:30. Decided I needed something to go with my morning cigar. Must admit it was the first time I found myself drinking scotch to start the day.

:dribble: I must try absinthe on a completely empty stomach some time.. ;)

Scotch or bourbon as a wakeup drink is not something I prefer though. Too much of an alcoholic bite to the taste I guess?

The first time I drank absinthe, I drank on an empty stomach. I had a huge glass (maybe not Absomphe-sized, but close) and I drank three of those. I'll never forget those wonderful five hours, and then the hellish hour after that when I was trying to force myself to go to sleep.

Tonight I'm drinking a bastardized Sazerac. I've always preferred them with cognac. I don't have any cognac at my house, but the closest thing I do have is Grand Marnier. I thought it might be pretty horrible, but it's darn tasty. Sometimes wrong is good. I'll definitely be making it like this again.

Marques de Cáceres x2, St. Clair Mimbres Red, and some of Mannie's perverted grape juice. The Marques and the St. Clair were good.

A soothing hot tea made with Licorice root, Fennel, Coriander, Cardamom seed, Peppermint, Ginger, and Black Pepper. Add a squirt of Texas wildflower honey and slurp. Gotta slurp this stuff.

That sounds pretty tasty.

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Searcy, AR. No booze! Dry county.

Even booze couldn't help Searcy. :no2:

Searcy, AR. No booze! Dry county.
Oh they have booze. You just have to know where to go to get it. And you do know how to squeal, don'cha, Bill? Like a pig?

If I had any Matter absinthe left, I'd be drinking some.

I have some Kübler left (that I decided today that I was never going to buy any more of) and I was wondering what do with the rest of it. It occurs to me that I actually do have a pretty bad clog in my bathroom sink. Two problems, one solution.

If I had any Matter absinthe left, I'd be drinking some.

I have some Kübler left (that I decided today that I was never going to buy any more of) and I was wondering what do with the rest of it. It occurs to me that I actually do have a pretty bad clog in my bathroom sink. Two problems, one solution.

Hah! Kübler isn't that bad!

I have to admit, I'm seething about the new Swiss rule. As much as I love La P'tite, I'm done with all those VdT absinthes that supported the IGP. Long live Absinthe Duplais!!

NB: Duplais Verte is a badly underrated absinthe...in fact, it may replace Vieux Pontarlier as my "daily drinker."

No, Kübler isn't terribly bad, but it's boring enough to dispose of on general principle. I'll probably have to request my positive reviews of CLB and La Ptite to be removed from WS as well.

Edited by Green Baron

Lots and lots of booze and hookahs! :groupwave reversed:

It sounds like you're having a bettah night than most. :devil:

Yeah, some of us just have beer and hookers...

...which doesn't sound that bad, now that I think about it. :devil: