DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Now that sounds like a very pleasant evening and drink. :cheers:

I'm not sure yet. I've got to find something to go with our nice spring snow storm. ;)

Snow...wow. It was 70 degrees today. I got about 8 miles of deep woods mountain biking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt! Sorted PILES AND PILES of receipts for doing my taxes tomorrow....

Now I"m settling into some Duplais perhaps....

Great night...a bit buzzed, and ready for bed. 8 miles of deep woods mountain biking with my soon to be teen son, doing some of my taxes, making my amazing wife feel wanted, needed and sexy, then having La Clandestine Recette Marianne, Duplais Balance, AND Meadow of Love...and STILL BEING ABLE TO TYPE!!!!

Does it get better than this? NO WAY! I'm convinced absinthe has made my life more interesting and complete. Would I write the same drivel with no alcohol in my veins....Yes. Could I have written this with 3 glasses of bourbon...no.

Best my friends...You've improved my life greatly with your sagely advice, ball-busting, and craziness.

-Scott

I saw a bottle of Red Derte Verte* around here somewhere. Where oh where is that thing. :dev-cheers:

*A Green Devil kit that's been aging. ;)

Went to lunch with Joe (the son), he needed a burger and beer fix.

I'm having lemoncellos and peachcellos and adding absinthe to both. A combination I'm becoming quite fond of.

By the time I go for a soak I'll have to pour myself into the tub, but that's a good time too. :shifty:

:cheers:

I ended up drinking good ole water. My beer fridge needs a good bit of housekeeping as well. It's open and full if anyone is in the 'hood. Help yourself. :cheers:

I started with the Herbsaint and have now switched to Vieux Pontarlier.

I found the Herbsaint a little too candy-like in the form of an absinthe drip, but I suspect it might make a pretty good Sazerac.

Oh my God! I just realized that I'm sitting in front of the computer and drinking absinthe at the same time! I don't have time for this!

Nice posted review of the Herbsaint Marlow, thanks! :cheers:

I'm sitting in front of the computer as well, so obviously no time to drink absinthe. Instead I shook up a couple of Last Word cocktail, with Bluecoat gin. Hadn't had one for a while, delicious! Cheers all.

Herbsaint. I agree with Marlow that it's a little candy-like, but while that usually puts me off there's something about the blend of flavors that I find delicious.