DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get downtown for the revelry this year, but Ulrich's just happened to be the place I ended up last St. Pat's! :cheerz:

Dang. Here I sit sipping absinthe (at least it's green). :wave2:

Is that green absinthe you're drinking made with dental floss???

Is that green absinthe you're drinking made with dental floss???

Frank and I would never harvest our dental floss green. Definitely blanche.

I've moved on to a sprightly martini made with a very young gin. Not bad at all.

I learned that substituting blue curacao for orange curacao, in many recipes, turns them green. So I had a few random cocktails, all varying shades of green :D

Hopefully Duplais Balance or Eichelberger 68. They may be arriving today form Europe thanks to Jen at absinthe-shop.com! She's a sharpie that one. Saw my cart sitting there full of stuff for an hour or so, then called me to make sure all was well. Was she calling to make sure the order was going to go through? Yes, of course! But she was also making sure she was taking care of a customer. If you're buying overseas

to import into US, She is the one. (1st time order? Ask for the coupon code). 4 days shipping from Germany to England to NY. Visit her Website

Sip... Sigh... Segue... Synchronicity.

Spent a fantastic evening with mom, her hubby and my son. The guys were drinking beer, mom and I were drinking Tuaca. :heart: It's been by far too long since we've spent such an evening. (note, ordering supplies for the candle company is not best done under the influence, but it does make it interesting) :twitchsmile:

Not that this is the topic of "warm fuzzy family moments" but I can't help myself sometimes. :blush:

I would have served absinthe last night but there wasn't enough to sate everyone's appetite.

Having some Tuaca on ice after a soak.... :yahoo:

:cheers:

I'm looking forward to pulling the cork on a well seasoned blanche this evening. Just a sip and then put it away for another few years. Ahhhhh bliss! :cheers:

Now, if you had said an anise-rich Absinthe of Fougerolles clone, I would have said, "Oh yes, yes...!" especially considering is has much more anise than the Besançon. Perhaps you meant, "Fennel-rich Besançon clone?" since it is the only well-known formula that uses more fennel than anise. I shouldn't think a Besançon clone would be particularly anise-rich.

:tongue:

I have Well's Banana Bread Beer in my fridge and I'd really like to drink it tonight but technically it was a Valentine's Day gift to my boyfriend so that wouldn't be completely lady-like for me to do. Banana bread beer just sounds GOOD, though. We'll drink it tomorrow TOGETHER.

So... I may finally try the Bear Flag white wine. I'm still undecided. I have to post pictures to show the labels because they are interesting as far as packaging goes.

bear-flag-wine-web.jpg

Edited by Amber von Doom

I've seen the Well's & always thought it sounded kinda tasty, but haven't yet tried it. Right now I'm drinking an experimental mixture of Bison Grass vodka, Chartreuse, a dash or two of Peychauds, a bit of lime & mint, with ice/green tea.

Now, if you had said an anise-rich Absinthe of Fougerolles clone, I would have said, "Oh yes, yes...!" especially considering is has much more anise than the Besançon. Perhaps you meant, "Fennel-rich Besançon clone?" since it is the only well-known formula that uses more fennel than anise. I shouldn't think a Besançon clone would be particularly anise-rich.

:tongue:

The other version of the Besançon clone is the standard bearer which is typically only fennel and wormwood heavy. This version, however, was tweaked with a good deal of additional anise, as well. It was formulated with a certain forum member in mind, who is known to crave 'em thick and rich. :)

Subtle.

I wasn't able to sip last night. The deal fell through. Such is life.

Tonight, probably some cool water, it's clear and I have it on hand.

Cheers!